giving up Please HELP

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

giving up Please HELP

Unread postby jason1969 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:02 pm

i need HELP . i really want to turn my life over to GOD but i don't know how . I spent a lifetime turning my life over to drugs and my wallet over to the person selling and i find it IRONIC!!!! that i dont know how to turn my life over to god . I never had a belief system i feel lost in this process. I goto two meeting a day and say all these prayers at AA and say god i can't even count the times at NA and here i sit baffled by this question What or who is god of my understanding. I should get a sponser so if anyone can help me with this perplexing concept and have the time to help a godless individual and are part of the NA fellowship please Feel free to Email me at jasonpkelly1968@gmail.com PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE GGGGGOOOOOODDDDDDD question
jason1969

Re: giving up Please HELP

Unread postby ilwsh2ubumwn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:11 am

I had the same problem, my sponsor gave me this advice and it made it so much easier for me, she said that the first 3 steps are our decision and willingness to turn our will over and the rest of the steps is how and when we actually do. Hope that helps
ilwsh2ubumwn

Unread postby Uniondan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm found the solution to be found in the steps as outlined in the big book of AA. I don't know much about NA but I'm an addict as well. If just making meeting and not using isn't working, than you might want to try putting in the work. A bit of work needs to be done to get free, from my experience. Consider a sponser who has TAKEN the steps to recovery.

Best wishes and God bless...
Uniondan

Unread postby Rae » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Turning you life over to God is a simple act. It's a free gift! Pray to the one true God, and tell Him in your own words, you acknowledge you are a sinner, you believe that He sent His one and only, sinless son to be crucified for our sin, rose again on the third day, and lives in heaven and will return for his children. That is it!

Try this website....It is from the church I attend, Calvary Fellowship. They post the sermons for each week. Paste it into your browser. Listen to a few. They are FREE, you can download them to an MP3 or listen from you computer.

http://sc.fhview.com/sc_customplayer/se ... &x=10&y=20

Feel free to post me a note with any questions! I'll do my best to answer.

I'll pray for you!
Rae

Return to Drug Addiction