Need help to quit smoking weed!!!!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Need help to quit smoking weed!!!!

Unread postby slim » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:42 am

I have been smoking week for 11 years now. I am 30 years old and i have a wonderful 4 year old daughter. My life is falling apart my wife smokes weed and parties and doesn't see the issue i have with it. I feel like we have no connection to each other anymore and she has told me that she no longer loves me anymore. We are headed for divorce. I have no job and no friends to find support with, and i am thinking for taking my own life even though that would mean that my daughter would grow up without me. I am lost and fell very much unloved and i am searching for answers. I feel alone i have tried NA and it doesn't seem right for me. Everyone says its just weed but i want to stop and get more out life than this addiction and begin to live instead of just getting by and have true connection to the people around me. if anyone has advise please let me know :?:
slim

Re: Need help to quit smoking weed!!!!

Unread postby MCsquared » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:36 pm

First of all, You are a great person. you need to know that and embrace that.

I was smoking continually for years. One day I learned my ex twas a closet opiate addict. I started going to Al-Anon meetings and they helped me begin to change. I never thought I could do it...and it took time...But I wanted it really badly. Try and go to one in your area...they are EXTREMELY helpful. they are very different from AA or NA meetings from my understanding.

A few things I want to share with you:

1. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!
2. You can make a change
3. Your daughter needs you now more than ever
4. The only person you can change and control is yourself...
5. Your life is a blessing and this struggle will pass if you have faith in your own strength.
6. You are not alone - If you need someone to talk to you can message me. I would be grateful to listen to your story and help in any way I can.
7. You will make it through this.

-MC
MCsquared

Unread postby ms.j » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:36 pm

i am a 31 year old single female that smoke weed for 17 years. everyone i know and my whole family smokes! NO one thouhgt i had a problem! Without support i checked myself into a reheb and i have been sober fo 30days so if i can do it anyone can!!!!
ms.j

Unread postby jennytat2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:08 pm

i am a 34 women and i know what it is to feel alone and unloved but i can tell you, you are not alone. i also thought about taking my own life too even before drugs and when i was using and the only reason why i did't was because of my kids think of your little girl it will get better i promise. i had a drug promblem and it was not just with weed it was other stuff to and i got help with aa i went to rehad and they tought me aa even though i did more drugs than drinking the help is out there dont give up i know your pain and again your not alone try aa or even try rehab my prayers are with you
jennytat2

Return to Drug Addiction