being self medicated is overated

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

being self medicated is overated

Unread postby ensemble » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:08 am

Where to start? I was diagnosed bipolar ten years ago and have been self medicating with marijuana to ease the mania. All of my doctors told me I shouldn't be doing any illegal substances except for prescribed meds. I'm on abilify, depakote, lithobid, and trilifon. They said the meds won't work if I continue to use marijuana. In any event, I am getting clean again and taking the advise from the professionals. So far, the mania has increased since I stopped using and I don't want to ask my doctor for anxiety pills because one thing leads to another. Hopefully NA meetings will help my coping skills because I really want to live a fruitful life.
ensemble

Re: being self medicated is overated

Unread postby jimtastic27 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Where to start? I was diagnosed bipolar ten years ago and have been self medicating with marijuana to ease the mania. All of my doctors told me I shouldn't be doing any illegal substances except for prescribed meds. I'm on abilify, depakote, lithobid, and trilifon. They said the meds won't work if I continue to use marijuana. In any event, I am getting clean again and taking the advise from the professionals. So far, the mania has increased since I stopped using and I don't want to ask my doctor for anxiety pills because one thing leads to another. Hopefully NA meetings will help my coping skills because I really want to live a fruitful life.ensemble

Hear ya on the bipolar thing, from experience I know the axiety pills will be a bad road to travel. The meetings have been a tremendous help to me and I wouldn't have gotten past the first 24 hrs without them. The knowledge you can get from other recovering addicts is worth it's weight in gold. Keep coming back!
jimtastic27

Re: being self medicated is overated

Unread postby grumpy » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:43 pm

I am a recovering addict of many years. I just resently was incarcerated do to my drug use. I have about 60 days clean and I do NOT have the desire to get high again. Is this a normal feeling that a person should have?
grumpy

I know i have a problem how do i stop???

Unread postby saphiremoon524 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:10 am

i am just starting to realize that i have a problem, my life is going down hill and the only thing that opened my eyes and made me realize that i need to stop is the fact that in now in debt due to trying to get prescription illegally. i preety much didnt care what i take i just take it to feel some type of f.up. i drink a lot and smoke marijuana. i want to get away from this life i just dont know how? the only thing that i have that is really worth me quitting for is my job and my pet inky. red nosed pit. shes my life.....i have messed up so much in my life and i cant hant handle so much n e more...i know im going to hit rock bottom and im not going to have a way out....it truly scares me because a few years ago i was the one who was saying oh that stuff is for loosers and i will never let myself get cought up in that bs, junk....and now i cant last a whole day completely sober from alchohol, weed and pills....i dont really have much support from anyone and dont really know who to talk to and im feeling so hopeless right now...and i work overnite by my self and its so tempting to go out and get high or just run quick to the bar and have a few drinks..... i know i have a problem but how do i stop, my family doesnt know what i do cuz i never let them see me messed up and not to mention i do everything in the privacy of my home and never let n e one know, so people that know me would never sustpect that im having this problem and i dont tell n e one cuz i dont know who to trust, but i cant hold it in much more and not being able to speak to n e one about my problems is driving me crazy....i get panic and anxiety attacks and im depressed all the time and like i said no one knows of my problems and thats why i fee so alone .....i would really appreciate a reply from n e one, even to my email, its the same saphiremoon524@gmail.com.....i really just need some really good advise and sometype of resourse cuz i dont know how much longer i can survive this way....been sober for 32 hours and counting. its hard!!!!
saphiremoon524

Return to Drug Addiction