Best Friend.

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Best Friend.

Unread postby skittles224 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:18 pm

I am going to be a Junior in High School in the fall and so is one of my close friends. He is addicted to drugs and I don't know what I can do to help him. I called his school guidance office anonymously but it didn't do anything. They called his parents and had a meeting with them. But however they don't care anymore. They monitor his money and try to monitor what he does but he still manages to do drugs.He takes pain killers and smoke weed. It scared me and worries me how much he actually does them. When he couldn't get pain killers for awhile he started going through the shakes and it was pretty bad. I know he only does drugs because he feels socially unaccepted by people when he isn't on them and I've tried telling him that doing drugs isn't going to solve his problems but whenever I bring up drugs with him it tends to end in a fight and him being extremely mad at me. No one seems to care besides me that he is doing these drugs and I worry that his addictions are only going to get worse and to much more stronger drugs but I honestly don't know what to do anymore. All I know is I care about him and want to help him whether he lives it or not I can't let something bad happen to him, not on my watch.
skittles224

Re: Best Friend.

Unread postby kimmyadv » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:43 am

Best Friend,

I'm sorry I don't have the answer for you, but from reading some comments to people questions it seems to me that if you attend an Al-Anon, AA, or NA meeting with you friend, or even by yourself, you may get some information that may save your friends life. You are a good friend. God bless you.
kimmyadv

Re: Best Friend.

Unread postby fprf54 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:38 am

An Addict will not stop using until they are done. Nothing we can do is going to stop them from abusing themselves, I had to hit my bottom and get tired of being sick and tired. We tend to feel as though no one may care, in my case I ended up not caring for me at all. Today I have hope and have not use since 6-04-1980 one day at a time. I recently have started to go to Nar-Anon. Just had my second meeting last night. In my area there are only two meetings available per week. One in town and the other in another town. Nar-Anon is for family members, or friends of addicts. What did work for me, was when no one would help me. I finally hit bottom and then I still had to ask for the help that I need. When I do ask and am ready then others can be of help to me. I ended up in four accidents and walk with a limp of the right leg and use a cane. I was under the influence and ended up losing control of me. To me my addicton was a living night mere. Today am clean and reasonably happy and have a life that I just could not amagine was every possible. Today I can let go with love, and let my higher power do what he has to do... I feel for one but the guy has to want recovery. If he doesn't want recovery, he will not stop using until he wants to stop.
fprf54

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction