Today is my first day

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Today is my first day

Unread postby Charlenehaldeman » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 am

I am just finally admitting to myself that I have a huge drinking problem. I want help. I will go to my first meeting tonight. I don't know what to expect . I am just hoping and praying I gain knowledge and learn how to live day to day and be happy not drinking. I had a very hard year by that is no excuse. Today I take the first step to changing my life. Wish me we
Charlenehaldeman

Re: Today is my first day

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:14 am

Hey Charlene,

Today's my first day as well and I just want to say that I couldn't agree more with your statement and you're not alone!

Unread postby Bonnie1224 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 pm

The first step is the hardest. Day 2 is harder. Day 3 is the worst. I get easier after that. Give it time. Let the process work and work the program.
Bonnie1224

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:41 am

Today was my first day

Unread postby Nickmurdock » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:09 am

Today is my first day. I am hopeful.
Nickmurdock

Unread postby Car » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Expect to open up or not, to have an awaking,to gain knowledge, support, and get a sponsor.Best of luck to you! :D
Car

Unread postby tras07 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Today I woke up so mad at myself. I keep saying I don't have a drinking problem because I don't drink everyday but when I do drink - I always go over board. Lately I drink alone to drown out all my sadness and pain. My 23 year old daughter died a year ago from a Heroin overdose. So what do I do?? I cry a lot and when the pain gets too much for me, I open up a bottle of wine and finish it.. Then always when this happens the next day I am angry and disgusted with myself. I am trying so hard to read the AA books and have strength to not drink. I can go for a week or so then I cave in. I don't want to keep living like this. i want to do better. I am kind of afraid to go to a meeting alone but I know I should get over the anxiety and just go. My other 2 daughters deserve better than this. I deserve better too.
tras07

Unread postby Bbbats1953 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 pm

My 1st day,too.
Gonna go to a meeting tonight at 8.
My drinking is way out of hand.I've been lucky enough to not have legal trouble but my health has really suffered.Jury's out on weather I can undo the damage.I'm no spring chicken!
Bbbats1953

Unread postby Dave is love » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Today is my first day to a new beginning. I'm scared and very nervous. I don't know what to except. I'm not sure who I will be not drinking. I'm looking forward to see what I'm going to be in this world without drinking. I'm in love with a man that doesn't judge me, that doesn't drink or smoke, but he loves me and wants me to be better. I love him, and I don't want drinking to come between him and I. I'm hoping to gain better ways of coping. I'm ready to fight. One day at a time right, prayer and determination will win this fight.

Wish me luck everyone. Good luck to everyone on this road, God Bless.
Dave is love

Unread postby Jts3128 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:58 pm

Today is my first day. I am scared, but I realize that I must remain sober in order to improve my life. I have faced the obstacles in quitting smoking, and I hope I can use that experience to help me.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:58 pm.
Jts3128

Unread postby tras07 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:20 am

I want to go to a meeting for the first time but I am so scared what should I expect? thanks
tras07

Return to New to Recovery?