Coming Back

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Coming Back

Unread postby freedom_one_day » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:46 am

I was in the rooms for two years when my life was very messy. In the two years with my head clear I was able to accomplish some major milestones in my life. About a year ago I had to move back to Philly for a job. I felt that I had my life together and it would be fine for me to drink again. I was fine for the first month but it went completely out of control. I don't drink in the mornings but I do drink every night to the point of blacking out. I really need some help. I want to come back. I feel so stupid for thinking that I could control my drinking. I can see my life slipping away, the old thoughts are coming back. All my hard work to get my current job going down the drain. The fact that I went to at least one meeting a day for two years and listened to folks tell their story...our story and I could be back to where I am now makes me feel almost lower than the first time I walked through the doors of AA. I am so afraid.
freedom_one_day

Re: Coming Back

Unread postby beans » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Give the meetings a try, what do you have to lose by trying? You are in my prayers :!:
beans

Unread postby janet in doylestown » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Dear Coming Back,

I was sober for over 20 years and I had been given so many gifts in sobriety. I finished college,went to graduate school,got married, had children and I very slowly got away from meetings. It tok several years but I eventually drank again and over time my life again became unmanagable. Thank God .I came back to the rooms a little over 3 years ago. Yes it is hard to go back but please take this opportunity to get back to the program. My experience was that people welcomed me with loving arms and supported me all the way. Put your ego aside and go reach out. This is a cunning,baffling,powerful disease which will kill you. I have found that my relapse has taught me very valuable information and I can help others by sharing what happened to me when i forgot and didn't put my recovery first!! I will pray for you. Janet in Doylestown
janet in doylestown

Unread postby jamiew » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Freedom One Day:

The first step in getting back on track and well again is to go back. This is your life and you have a right to embrace it and be sober and feel well and happy.
Find a meeting and go and don't hesitate.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm.
jamiew

Return to New to Recovery?