Need to change...

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Need to change...

Unread postby MR13 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:43 am

I am tired of alcohol preoccupying my thoughts. I always think that this time will be different, but it seems to end up the same way. I drink when Im feeling happy, sad, lonely, scared ect. I don't always get drunk,but its unpredictable. It has not affected my job, and I have never had a DUI. But that doesn't mean I have not had many bottoms. Im in the medical field and I have seen what alcohol can do to the body and mind. You would think that would be enough for me to want to lay off of it. I want to stop, I need to stop. I need to make a change. I have a son that needs and deserves to have a happy healthy mommy.
Im not sure about going to a meeting. I am longing to talk to others that maybe feel the same way I do.
MR13

Re: Need to change...

Unread postby jamiew » Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Hey Need to Change, one of the first steps to getting better is to go to a meeting, each time I go and I am newly sober I want to run away from entering that door, but you have to push your self thru it because you know as I do if you turn around, that possibility of drinking exists and going down that ugly path. There are welcoming people at each meeting that will help you in anyway, you just have to ask, and that is something I am learning as well to ask for help when I need it.
jamiew

Return to New to Recovery?