new recovery

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

new recovery

Unread postby jamiew » Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 pm

I am new to recovery, its been 38 days and counting and I have a sponser. Sometimes when I go to meetings I just don't get it, I listen to everyone and want to run, and then there are other times, i get it. I keep thinking how am I not going to drink every again, and I remember just one day at a time. Sometimes I feel badly because I am there and I can't give 100 percent of myself, I don't want to speak to anyone or ever give my day count and I feel like I am there but I am not, does anyone else feel this way or has had these feelings.
I want to got thru the program, I don't want to drink again.
jamiew

Re: new recovery

Unread postby ayannaisley » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I truly understand how you feel about the meetings! At first it was very hard for me to get my hand up and share. And all the saying I would here and all the problem's that I didn't want to hear it was hard to just sit there and listen. Sometimes I didn't even want to be there but I had to. You see I checked myself in to rehab back in Jan. of this yr. I was there for 130 days but in this rehab it was mandatory to make 2 to 3 outside meetings aweek it was hard but that's how bad I wanted to get clean. I looked at it like this I was using drugs for over 15yrs and remember alcohol is a drug, and I didn't want to live like this no more. So rehab kinda programed me to meetings even when I didn't want to be there. Now am out and am making 4 meetings a week and I hope your still counting your days cause it do work (meetings) just try to open yourself up and I hope you stick and stay cause meeting makers do make it... God bless and I hope my story help even if its just alil bit. :)
ayannaisley

Re: new recovery

Unread postby stilldoingit » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Just keep going one day at a time let go and let god and use the hell out of the serenity prayer i was dead but now i'm alive. lost everthing, stuggle to keep going and was always temped by drink, it is easy to be a mean mother f'er but i'm not now, he's still there but by the grace of god the drink has not set him free,,,, livin the good life 31yrs clean, don't drink and don't dye and you will be here to share your story with some newcomer, oh you must do that today to live, if you want to keep it you must give it away, so share yourself with a new person
stilldoingit

Return to New to Recovery?