not wanting to go to meting

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

not wanting to go to meting

Unread postby marykat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

HI, I HAVE BEEN SOBER ALONG TIME. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED AND GONE TO MANY MEETINGS. THIS PAST YEAR I HAD ALOT OF LOSSES AND IM FORCING MYSELF TO GO TO 1 MEETING A WEEK. I DO NOT WANT TO DRINK! ANY ADVICE?
marykat

Re: not wanting to go to meting

Unread postby freshenuf1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 am

Get involved with your group. Volunteer to "carry the message" through intergroup. Sponsor a new comer. Make coffee before the meetings. Bring the donuts. Read the "Big Book" again. Volunteer to take someone to a meeting. Chair meetings. GET INVOLVED!!! :D
freshenuf1

Re: not wanting to go to meting

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:01 pm

I love that you posted how you are feeling! Congrats on sharing that. Since you have been sober a long time, you do know how to stay that way and that's by getting out there and getting involved. Share how you are feeling at meetings, let others in recovery help you. It's very difficult to admit when we need help because we're so used to being in "control". Even if you can't get to meetings, come here and keep sharing and let us help you through this rough time. Loss is ugly, but unfortunately its the one thing we all have to deal with at some point in our recovery. I believe it is what started my addictive tendencies, and from there it just got uglier. I haven't had to experience loss since I am in recovery, but I know I will at some point. Please keep posting, we do care how you are.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:01 pm.
abclimo

Return to New to Recovery?