getting over the guilt & shame of RELASPE

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

getting over the guilt & shame of RELASPE

Unread postby sobermom27 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:44 pm

this is my 1st time in recovery i got outta rehab wendseday and relasped yesterday prayed for forgivness cried my eyes out and turned around and did it AGAIN TODAY!!! how do people deal withthe fealings of guilt&shame and get back on the right track?? also i have no car no money and no way to a meeting anyone in dayton ohio who would help a desperate girl in need of a friend in recovery i have noone who has been where i've been need words of encouragement, prayers and a way to an NA MEETING!! thanks love all you in my shoes
sobermom27

Re: getting over the guilt & shame of RELASPE

Unread postby emmyd80 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:53 pm

First of all, congratulations on taking that step into rehab to face your addiction. It's a long, hard road, but we all have the strength within ourselves to overcome that addiction. I too feel a lot of guilt and shame. But you should be proud of yourself every day that you are seeking a change and a better life. Relapse is part of our recovery and only makes us stronger! Please smile, and keep your chin up! Be proud of who you are :)
emmyd80

Return to New to Recovery?