Need a sponsor

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Need a sponsor

Unread postby miznerb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:37 pm

july 25th I got my second DUI. I had been driving tired and drunk and decided to pull over and sleep it off. Some one called the cops and that was it. Now I'm trying to get house arrest/work release instead of jail time. I've started seeing a psychologist who's given me a lot of helpful advise and I've been going to AA every Wed. at Morrisvile United Methodist Church. I've been told to go, by my lawyer, atleast three times a week but something always come up where I can't go or forget to go. I really need a sponsor who would be willing to help me through the program as well as testify on my behalf. I started on Step Seven and every step since then has left me feeling unprepared but I've been participating anyway. Some things that makes going to meetings difficult is my work schedule, caring for my two dogs, and getting dinner ready for my wife who is diabetic and gets home around 7pm from work. I work 11pm-7am.
miznerb

Re: Need a sponsor

Unread postby JSninja1990 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:59 pm

http://12-steps-recovery.com/resources/sponsors/men.html

Try that site..you may find one :)
JSninja1990

Re: Need a sponsor

Unread postby spider47 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 am

I have been drinking wine everyday for the past 6 years. Today I decided that I want to stop. I know I need to cut back gradually first. I just need to be able to talk to someone when I'm feeling weak. Any suggestions? Should I be taking any vitamins to help with the withdrawl? I'm new to this and I'm going to give it my best shot. My husband is totally on board and supportive, but he doesn't know how I am feeling right now. I am super scared. I have been through alot worse in my life and I know I can do this I just need to be able to talk when I need to.
spider47

Return to New to Recovery?