New, sleepless, aniety, depressed, lonely

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New, sleepless, aniety, depressed, lonely

Unread postby Jhkjhk » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:44 am

I am new and having so much trouble trying to sleep. Can only get a 20 minute nap here and there and worrying about work. Only 2 days sober and girlfriend of 4 years left me 4 days ago and is battling breast cancer. I want to talk to her so bad, but afraid she will get me upset as she is going out and drinking to excess. I am afraid any contact will send me out drinking again and I also worry that sadness, loneliness, sleeplessness, anxiety and depression will end withe the same results. Scared to death of being alone without the person I love. I want a drink so bad! I know it's not the right thing to do but this is hard to handle and I am white knuckling. Been to 4 meetings in 2 days. So late at night I don't want to call the one number I have.
Jhkjhk

Re: New, sleepless, aniety, depressed, lonely

Unread postby Graham » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:22 am

Hi Jhkjhk,
Some tips for you to deal with your sleep issues.
Exercise regularly and prefer doing exercises early morning. Create a sleep schedule, avoid oversleep or taking naps in day timing. Do not eat anything at least an hour before going to bed and avoid caffeine, alcohol and other stimulants.
www.grayslakechiropractors.com/libertyville-chiropractor-2/
Graham

Return to New to Recovery?