here it goes...

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

here it goes...

Unread postby triumphseeker » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:33 am

Hi. I'm a 27 y/o woman. I have been using drugs and alcohol since I was 12. It nevee felt like a problem until I started using cocaine 4-5 years ago. This drug ripped my life apart and I'm ready to put it back together. My family does not know my struggle. My "friends" all do drugs, whether they are addicts or not. I feel very alone. I've dated addicts and been to meetings in support of them, but never thought I'd have to go on behalf of myself. I want a healthy manageable life. I guess saying this to bunch of strangers helps to make it a reality. Thanks for listening.
triumphseeker

Re: here it goes...

Unread postby liza » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I hope you are doing well- admitting this is major. I would know- I just did it 2 days ago.

I'm terrified and dumbfounded that I find myself in this position but you and I both should make a solid effort to go easy on ourselves.

Hang in there.
liza

Re: here it goes...

Unread postby White_eagle 1890 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Listen, life is so precious as it's rewarding without drugs and alcohol being consumed dwelling within self-pity and being lost as to what's your true purpose of being here!!! I don't profess to be a prophet nor a saint as I just a recovering grateful addict whose thankful as I feel so blessed to be alive as I am still sober after 14 and half years within sobriety........young lady, please surround yourself among recovering people and have an open mind and just listen as you will be surprised as to what you shall learn as well as hear!!!! take it easy upon yourself and take one day at a time as tomorrow's not promised to any of us.......

Peace and Happiness,
"White-eagle"1890 :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:09 pm.
White_eagle 1890

Return to New to Recovery?