Today is the Day

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Today is the Day

Unread postby Giff » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 am

I am new and today is day 1. Last night was it for me. I am 51 and a career drinker but it has to end. I did a search and it brought me here so here goes. I want to stop this cycle of highs and lows. I can't handle drinking any longer, never could really but I keep lying to myself not to mention everyone in my life. They see it, I know they do and have expressed their concern but It's my problem and I have to solve it. I want to do this chemical free and right my ship so I came to this site for the conversation. How do I break the cycle?
Giff

Re: Today is the Day

Unread postby 556raymond » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:38 pm

I am here with u today is my first day here hope to meet people to help my and hopes I can help them to stay sober
556raymond

Re: Today is the Day

Unread postby kunukie512 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi to the both of you I am new to this site but have been sober for 5 and a half months I attend AA and also a therapist group that helps me alot. Just look into groups to help get by.i wish both of you the best of luck sobriety is awesome. May God bless both off you.
kunukie512

Return to New to Recovery?