I NEED A CHANGE IN MY LIFE DAY 1 FOR ME

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I NEED A CHANGE IN MY LIFE DAY 1 FOR ME

Unread postby 556raymond » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:46 pm

I have had a lot of bad day with drinking the last one I had was new years eve. I am about to lose everything in my life that is important to me I need a change in my life and need to stop drinking. I always tell my self that I will only have a few but it never ends up going that way. I don't drink every day or even every week. But when I do I can not stop until I can't walk or even remember anything. I usually end up treating my wife and kids like crap I am hurting the people that I love and hurting my self. I watched my dad do the same thing to me and my family and I always told myself that I would never do this to my family. I think that is what I am doing and need to stop do it. I need to put my family over my drinking I need a change in my life there for today is the day of change . I have said this before may times but today is the last day I will say it because I am all in for change. I no this will probably be the hardest thing I have ever done but it is time and god help me work though this.
556raymond

Re: I NEED A CHANGE IN MY LIFE DAY 1 FOR ME

Unread postby booze 62 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:48 am

I am an alcoholic who is staying sober one day at a time, with the help of Alcoholic's Anonymous. Have you ever been to an AA meeting, I don't know about you, but I found a lot of people there like myself and we help each other. I became sick and tired of being sick and tired. They told me I did not have to live the way I was living and it was like a light went on in my head! I have been in jails and institutions, I don't know about you, but I was a horrible person when I drank and as the elbow tipped I became more and more insane! I know there are people who can drink normally without upheavals' in their lives, but I am not one of them. I can't call you an alcoholic, I can only speak for myself. I have had some violent episodes that I can not remember when I was blacked out. I know for me it only get's worse, alcoholism is a progressive disease. If you have never attended an AA meeting, you may want to give it a try, I can only speak for myself and I got my life back!
booze 62

Unread postby shrek123 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:37 am

You sound pretty desperate my friend that's ok we all started out that way. In the meetings you will find people who drank like you who no longer drink. If you observe them closely you will discover how they stay sober. Then you may get hope from hearing them tell their story. Hope is the death of desperation. I suggest praying and focusing on one day, today.
shrek123

Unread postby kunukie512 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:33 pm

I have been there I lost both of my kids because to me alcohol was just my life. Well now I am fighting to get my kids back I have been sober 5 and a half months now and loving it. I also attend a group that helps me alot. Good luck on our sobriety journey wish you the best and God bless you and your family
kunukie512

Return to New to Recovery?