5 days clean feeling alone

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

5 days clean feeling alone

Unread postby phillygirl1229 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:42 pm

I am doing this on my own I wanna go to meeting but to nervous to leave my house my anxiety get the best nof me I'm not feeling right I'm in my head need to talk I guess :roll:
phillygirl1229

Re: 5 days clean feeling alone

Unread postby RAM » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:31 pm

So what is on your mind Phillygirl? I understand the anxiety....what will people say, what will people do, how will they react to my story? All of thise questions and more caused me anxiety until I went to my first meeting....and I felt the love and caring...n phony love and caring - people just like me - also with anxiety. And they helped me thrugh it.
RAM

Unread postby anthonyluton » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:45 am

Isolation doesn't work well in recovery. Our disease thrives in isolation. It's important to interact with people like ourselves. Although our friends and family love us they don't understand the disease of addiction.. I've just joined this site and I see that your post is dated. I hope you made it to a meeting and got the help that your spirit is seeking. Love and respect.
anthonyluton

Unread postby DrSheilaHereNow » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:32 am

Can you find someone online in recovery to talk to; maybe become your sponsor? Or can you go to a meeting and explain that you are brand new, feeling isolated, and need a sponsor? Part of AA is giving back. Someone will step forward to get you through the meeting. And, someone will surely point you in the right direction for a sponsor. The advice in AA has usually been: stop drinking and go to meetings. So, see if you can walk through the anxiety and go to meetings. Anxiety attacks do not last forever, even if it feels as if it does. Rate the strength of the attack on a scale of 1-10. Ten is the worst. Then wait for it to reduce because it will. As you realize that while it feels like a ten, as you keep checking, you will likely find that it is only a 9. It will give you the confidence to realize your body can't stay at a 10 indefinitely. Also. put something very cold on your wrists. I don't know why it works, but it does. :D
DrSheilaHereNow

Unread postby Dee1616 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Hello, I'm a newbie here as well
I was seriously online looking up meetings but I'm so not rest as well I live 25 minutes away from Philly I've been off opiates from 6 days I feel a lot better but my mind is also racing Too Much Time on My Hands I know what is helping me someone is writing listening to music and if you could get out and just walk for at least 20 minutes take a friend your animal it helps I definitely need someone to talk to you as well this is the scariest I've ever been thru but I am so determined. My name's Dave I'm here if you want to talk my thoughts and prayers and for everyone
Dee1616

Unread postby Guest » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:44 pm

I am new to this site and reading everyone's replies makes it better. I have hope I can kick this addiction and I'm here for anyone to talk to. We can all do this together.

Unread postby notsosber » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:37 pm

:roll: I will be happy to take you to a meeting ? I need to go just settled cin Philly allowing myself to misbehave (drink) and miss the meetings they are wonderful and can change evrything anytime anyday I will go with you... LMK please.. :roll:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:37 pm.
notsosber

Return to New to Recovery?