Wanting to quit

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Wanting to quit

Unread postby Guest » Wed May 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi....I want to quit drinking. It don't know where to start. I'm in a relationship where my boyfriend doesn't like me drinking when I'm at work. I'm a flight attendant and when I'm in a layover I enjoy having some wine with friends. He doesn't like it, I want our relationship to go far and maybe it's best to quit. How do I start

Re: Wanting to quit

Unread postby gabby54 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Hello if feel we can stop get it yet not alone e the sooner u know that the better off u will b this disease wants u dead n all destruction run wild, I have almost 27 yrs clean it's a miracle my so cald fiance still playing on the tracks it's terrible yet nothing I feel I could do I love meetings yet rite now don't have. Car Soo I find what I can for my recovery I love listening to speakers at home ok guys we can do this, yr not alone!!!! God bless

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:44 pm.
gabby54

Re: Wanting to quit

Unread postby Chucko » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:52 am

Would you like an accountability partner? I really want to quit as well, and my wife really wants me to quit, but it seems like I go a couple days and then think it will be ok to have a beer, which leads to 2, to 6, to a bad attitude. Maybe if someone just reminded me daily, and I reminded them daily, that we should commit to "no alcohol today", maybe that would help.
Chucko

Return to New to Recovery?