Wife of an addict

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Wife of an addict

Unread postby Booeve » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 am

Hello... idk what else to do but pray and hope that God can hear me. I been married to my husband for 14 yrs but been with him for 17 yrs. life been so hard. Hubby is dealing with a self medicating addiction that almost cost his life recently. Last yr he lost his job because of it. Last weekend he got in a bad accident that he totally destroyed his car. Thank God he didn't hurt anyone. He is in total denial that he self medicate. Few weeks ago I was about to leave him because i can't do this anymore. I want to tell him that he has to go to AA meeting for help. I feel that ever time we bring something up like he gets so angry and ofenden. He needs help and idk what else to do :|
Booeve

Re: Wife of an addict

Unread postby gabby54 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi, oh blev me I know it's like I'll say get help n he's good for Abit n then no he's back to using again. I'm almost 27 yrs clean n he needs meds oh I know the grief I don't even need drugs around me yet it's like he just folds n doesn't really care I'm just even engaged only n then not even see now I'm trying to get tomorrow meeting s yet no car his downfall, so it's hard, yet I heard u n u could go to naranon meetings that would help you, u hear, naranon is for people of loved ones that use try that! God bless
gabby54

Re: Wife of an addict

Unread postby Guest » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello I am listening and I feel what you are saying. It sounds like it can be frustrating being the person on the outside looking in at your loved one/significant other self-destruct. Moreover, they dont even realize the dangers that they are imposing to themselves or others. I wish that I could say that it gets better with time or education or experience, but it does not. I am years clean, I work in 2 facilities in the capacity of a helper and I cannot help the person that I love to see what harm they are doing. I dont give up though I deal with their anger when they lash out. They dont want to hear it but I believe that they need to hear it. When they are ready I will be there to coax them along. Hope this helps

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:18 pm.

Return to New to Recovery?