need a sponsor or someone to get meeting in south philly

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

need a sponsor or someone to get meeting in south philly

Unread postby maria sober » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:10 am

I have been physically abused as a child and now Iam 43 with a good paying job and kids are grown and iam binge drinking every month for about 4 days at a time and now falling down bruising myself not wanting to go to work and this needs to stop I do appreciate any and all help i CAN GE :D T THAT IS SO TRUE YOU HAVE A DRINK SAYING OKAY IM GOING TO RELAX OR HAVE FUN BUT EITHER YOU BLACK OUT
OR HURT YOURSELF (FALLING) OR JUST PASS OUT!! THEN THE NEXT DAY YOU DRINK AGAIN TO FEEL BETTER YOU THINK
AND THE CYCLE STARTS AGAIN! IM A BINGE DRINKER I WONT DRINK FOR A MONTH THEN 1 NIGHT THEN THE NEXT TIME
3 TO 4 DAYS BACK TO BACK IM TIRED OF THIS CYCLE I KNOW IM BETTER THAN THAT GOD FINALLY SD HEY ARE YOU GOING TO GET HELP AA MEETINGS OR WHAT??? IM ALSO GOING TO SET UP AN APPT WITH A PCHYTRIST FOR MY CHILDHOOD ABUSE ISSUES THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CONCERN !!!! keep in touch I can use the advice oh Iam going to a meeting tuesday the the 1st day i have off i work 48 hrs a wk

thanks and God Bless you
Maria

>
maria sober

Re: need a sponsor or someone to get meeting in south philly

Unread postby texastom » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:03 pm

hi my name is tomi am new to s philly also just moved here for work and when the 3 jobs got done the guy let 4 of us go what a bummer. i have bin going to the 1 pm meeting on moyamensing good no bull shit AA alot of long trem sober people try it. ps if you r looking to have some fun the MESSENGERS MC IS HAVE A PARTY AT THE REC CENTER AT COTMON AND TRODALE IN NE PHILLY STARTS AT 9PM
texastom

Re: need a sponsor or someone to get meeting in south philly

Unread postby neshaminy_insurance@hotmail.com » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am

Hi

I read ur post and can understand how you feel
I have been sober for about 13 months now and my life is changing
Marc

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am.
neshaminy_insurance@hotmail.com

Return to New to Recovery?