First night completed

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

First night completed

Unread postby jackinpa » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:18 am

Hi all! Just finished my first nite of outpatient detox. Am armed with low dose Ativan, but have not had to use at prescribed levels. Just reaching out, and putting it out there. Response would be nice but not necessary. I feel in a state where I am no longer negotiating with my demons or my disease. Don't think, don't drink. I know already that just this morning a heavy burden has been lifted in that I don't feel that morning depression of recriminations, and I've already built exercise into my daily schedule. Wish me luck and Godspeed. Thanks.
jackinpa

Re: First night completed

Unread postby dano » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Good Luck my friend, i found it is most important to attend meetings every day. I have missed the last two days and am already getting feelings of resentment and regret that i did not have a week ago while attending meetings every day. Acceptance is so important and i am jealous and happy for you that you have that.
dano

Unread postby jackinpa » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks. Now entering day two. Little change in sleep pattern, tho I was able to halve the Ativan and still sleep. Feeling okay. Maybe just my imagination, but my head is clearer. I find I have to keep busy, which is a little bit rough to do with business down in the current climate. It's a good time to do some housekeeping, mostly the external kind.
jackinpa

Unread postby init2winit » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:50 am

congrats on ur 1st night. im starting my 1st night 2morrow.dont know what to expect but what ever it is im willing to listen,and give it a try. the only way from here is UP!! im tired of playing this cat & mouse game w/myself,loved ones and my future. im looking forward to tommorows out come!!!
init2winit

Unread postby L2009 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:07 pm

First day of not drinking for me in over 10 years, and I'm scared to death. I feel alone and pretty hopeless. EVerything I read and the advice I get says to detox under supervision, but my job won't allow my absence for an extended period of time. I want to get better, and I also want to keep my job. There is no company program option for me. Any advice on the best out-patient approach to detox?
L2009

Unread postby joep54321 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:59 pm

I am only 17days clean so I can relate. I was drinking and drugging for over 30 years. It was tough especially because I never really wanted to stop. But then long behold here comes the second DUI. Not only did I need to stop but I finally [b]wanted to stop. Go to an AA meeting. Go, but make sure that you raise your hand and share no matter how oncomfortable it may seem. I went the first 2 weeks and never raised my hand and came home and drank. The first night I raised my hand August 17 I broke down and cried like a baby....BUT I didnt go home and drink. I went back the next night and raised my hand and I was able to talk and have shared at everymeeting I have attended from that point on and have not picked up a drink. Good luck and take it one day at a time
joep54321

Return to New to Recovery?