Mother died started drinking

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Mother died started drinking

Unread postby rockydoo » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:17 am

Hello,I am an alchoholic, I kept it under control for 9 years. I thought I was cured, and I would help lead others to the path of sobriety. My mother died in Jan. she was my best friend and I am an only child. She was my world . My soul mate. I started drinking the day she died. I haven't gone 1 day without. My drinking is starting to ruin my life. I got drunk at my in-laws, while my 22 year old son and 19 year old daughter were there. I started drinking VO secretly and I couldn't stop. That is my problem I can't stop once I start. I yelled at my in-laws and generally made an ass of myself in front of everyone. My son and daughter were there. My daughtewr tries to help me. But what kind of a jmother am I. I hate myself. Alchohol rules me. I wake up every day praying to God to let this be the day i stop. But I always give into these demons,no matter what. My son will be leaving in 2 weeks for graduate school. The memories I will leave are those of addiction. Can someone help me, I was sober for so long, I never thought I could revisit this hell. please
rockydoo

Re: Mother died started drinking

Unread postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 pm

I am so sorry for your Mom's passing, and I feel for you. But it is time to get your life back. What did you do 9 years ago to stop drinking? You have to remember because you have to do it again. And it's okay. It's a relapse - not the end of the world. Take one hour at a time. You can do it. For you. For your kids. Ask your Mom to help you. I know it sounds creepy, but I firmly believe she can help you in her own way. Write back to let me know how you are doing.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 pm.

Return to New to Recovery?