Just a mess

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Just a mess

Unread postby leigh117 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:00 pm

My life has been hell for too long. I disagree with the saying that that God never gives you more than you can handle. July alone has left me jobless...not do to my drinking but the economy. My partner relapsed into her crack addiction again and pushed me away 24 hours after telling me how in love she was with me. My ex employer bounced 3 of my pay checks, I ended up being overdrawn and the bank charged me $365.00 in
overdraft fees. My friend next door to me died from an overdose of pain killers and my father was rushed to the hospital early last Sat. morning because of a prostate cancer scare. I have been trying to stay sober and have been going to meetings but my anxiety and depression is paralyzing me. I was taking medication but my health coverage went with my job and I have applied for Medicaid but still no word on being accepted. I suppose that I am writing because a part of me doesn't want to give up and I just want to find some encouragement so I don't totally
collapse. Kind words would go a long way right now. Thank-you in advance.
leigh117

Re: Just a mess

Unread postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:30 pm

Wow that's A LOT to handle. And you know what, even though you disagree with God's saying, you seem to be handling the situation pretty well no matter what, and that's proof that you are strong, very strong. Kudos to you because many would have gone back to using. You're an example of what strength is all about so don't give up. This is what I would do: I would go to as many meetings as possible every day to get some kind of solace. Then I would take each problem (one at a time) and try to solve it. Focusing on solving things is helpful. Well I hope other people will share their ideas and suggestions. Keep in touch.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:30 pm.

Return to New to Recovery?