I guess time doesnt heal

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Re: I guess time doesnt heal

Unread postby John » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Wayneo88@yahoo.com wrote:My name is Jennifer, I am Wayne's wife. He is gone...thank you for your support. I just found this page while looking through his computer.

Wayne or Jennifer... any news?
John

Unread postby Hoot Hooten » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:17 am

It took me months of "one months" to finally get a month. Now you know why we have those silly signs at the meetings that say, "Easy Does It." "KISS" and "One Day at a Time." My sponsor told me, "Give me 90 meetings in 90 days, then I'll let you know if things are going to work out for us." I was just like you. Angry, frustrated - beat.

I don't know about you, but for me there was a continuous rage coursing it's way through my being. That voice you're hearing is the alcoholic that's saying, "Aw to hell with it, you might as well drink if you're going to have to put up with this shit..!"

Take it easy on yourself my friend. Just "keep coming back," and you too will begin to enjoy sober life. As far as trying to interpret the Bible, relax on that for now. Saving your soul is important, but we come to AA to save our asses. Oh, by the way, after many years, I had a spiritual awakening that literally blew my mind. God showed up 12 years ago, and I haven't had a drink, joint, toot or anything else since. Remind me to tell you that story some day.

All my best my friend,

Claude "Hoot" Hooten
Orcutt, CA
Hoot Hooten

Unread postby newbie2 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Hey Joe,
Just wanted to check in and see how your holiday weekend went. Sorry to hear about your wife not being supportive of your sobriety. At least my S.O. does not offer me beers. But she does keep alcohol hidden in the house I recently found out. Ticks me off a bit, but the stashing is her issue, not mine. Obviously she has issues with alcohol, too. I told her to just please not drink in front of me. Too tempting. As to your wife's views of A.A., she almost sounds as if she may have twisted what the counselor said to fit what she wanted to hear....Either that or just a terrible (!) counselor. Anyway, we know it is helping you, so that is what matters. Keep up the good work. And it is work--that we both know. Regards, Newbie2
newbie2

Unread postby jesus4life » Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Mmm coffee sounds good :) , however I am not God. I'm just Jen. I have not come to judge your post, as I am a believer, but to send you a word of encouragement to keep up your sobriety. I myself am brand new here and I was led to this post as my first check in experience here. I am only one day sober unplanned. I feel very out of control and depressed and I only know how to cope with my loneliness and everything else I believe in or don't believe in is with drinking. I have a faith but I as well question why God just seems not to answer my prayers because I have sleep anxiety and bad dreams and I pray and it sometimes turns out worse. But something tells me that I gotta press into my faith even harder. I think God keeps allowing for all of this to happen to get me to quit drinking and stay tuned into the Holy Spirit. I dunno, I'm sorry I did not mean to come in and preach. I am not bible thumper at all. i don't even go to church. I just wanted to uplift you somehow someway. May your life feel more in control soon. Namaste

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 pm.
jesus4life

Previous

Return to New to Recovery?