Back on Board

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Back on Board

Unread postby Agnela » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:23 pm

A little history. In 1996 i came to believe and i held on to that for eight years. I fell, relapsed for 3 months.The pain got great real quick. I got back on board.moved to a smaller town in pennsylvania.where I held on to three and a half years. I spent a year and a half goofing off with alcohol and drugs..my last use i thought i was gonna die. Death comes in many forms...mental emotional spriritual and physical..I thank my higher that the physical didn't result. I went on to the basics..rehab and now in a partial program. my new clean is 3/7/2010. My reality awakening is that I don't know how many days God has given me on this earth, but I know I don't have the right to erase myself and take my own life by any means. I need a lot of support..so I came in today to reach out to you all. I am not with transportation at this time..and meetings are hard to get to. A lot of people had given up on me before the relapse.. I am a loving caring and honest person..and believe it or not, choosing a simple lifestyle and livelyhood chased what I thought was my support away..wierd or what? Anyway...I have come to know that the God of my understanding is jealous, and doen't feel or think as humans do. so I pray and I am sure He will make away for me to get to all the right places and people for support. Your comments are welcome, hope to hear from someone sober real soon. Back On Board!
Agnela

Re: Back on Board

Unread postby Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 am

Hey Agnela, kuddos to you!!!!!! Since you don't have transportation, you may want to try online meetings. I don't know how effective they are, but it could be worth a try... Here are some links:

http://www.aaonline.net/
http://aa-intergroup.org/directory.php
http://soberhelp.info/p_36034/alcoholism.html

If you want, could you give us some feedback on those online meetings? It would be valuable info for all of us.

Re: Back on Board

Unread postby Sarah G » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Hi,
First and foremost WELCOME BACK!!! My name is Sarah. I too have been in your boat fairly recently. I had been sober for 3 1/2 years and then a few months ago I too relapsed. It was only for a week and a half but that was more then enough time to hit close to bottom again. As I have found when I am not sober things get bad pretty darn quickly. My new clean date is 3/23/2010. My daughters birthday. She was my wake up call again. I too am in Pa. All I know is that I must have sober people who genuinely want to be clean in my life! It is hard for me to go to meetings b/c my daughter is only 4 so there is a lot of energy in her making it almost impossible for her to sit through a whole meeting. Lol I don't really have anybody to watch her while I am at meetings so this is my main connection with the program at this point. On the bright side it only takes 2 people to have a meeting. I would love to chat. Have a great day and God bless. :)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 pm.
Sarah G

Return to New to Recovery?