Hi Help

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Hi Help

Unread postby she1219 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Is there anyone out there will help? This is the worst I need alcohol addiction help. But I'm having great BBQ....YOU SUCK!
Seriously I need help. BUT THIS SITE SUCKS.....I don't want AA cause I'm not a Christian. I need help NOW.
she1219

Re: Hi Help

Unread postby Need2beclean » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Anyone can go to AA, it is for everyone who has a desire to stop drinking. AA does not push any religion. It is the ONLY program that works, one has to be willing to work it and willing to do anything to stop drinking.

I suggest you get to a meeting1, get numbers and use them. I wish you the best and understand how miserable you are feeling.
Need2beclean

Re: Hi Help

Unread postby Danske215 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:13 am

I agree with the previous comment. AA changed my life in ways I never thought it would. It's true, the AA program was designed by two men, one of which was a member of the christian based oxford group. They along with about 98 others got together and borrowed some basic ideas (moral ways of living) from this group six tenants. If you join AA, remember it is a 12 step program. I suggest you ask someone who has been through the 12 steps themselves to take you them. I promise you, no one can do the 12 steps of AA as best as they can, without greatly benefiting from it. I went in at 25, am 33 now and struggled mightily with staying sober, until someone sat me down, opened up and big book and took me through the steps. And if you do like a meeting, try a different one. If you ever need to connect feel free to contact me at anytime. Best Wishes
Danske215

Return to New to Recovery?