Am I really the only one of us online?

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Am I really the only one of us online?

Unread postby Maureen » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:22 pm

I am home alone reading The Addict and feeling strong and weak at the same time. My friends ("people, places and friends" to avoid friends) are partying starting at 8. So far I've stuck to my decision to stay home. Almost 48 hours clean of all substances, and don't want to get high. But I do feel that physical tug on the Mind trying to fake me out. My significant other says it's all about me. It is her birthday and she has decided to spend it alone. If I get through the night, I'll be so proud of myself.
Maureen

Re: Am I really the only one of us online?

Unread postby blahblah » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:46 am

the fellowship happens in real life the steps happen in real life staying clean happens in real life. Ive been clean for 7 months now and i dont have time to talk to addicts online. Call a fellow recovering addict today
blahblah

Unread postby guest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:14 am

Dear Maureen,

Did you get through the night? How about the last couple of weeks?

I didn't understand the response you received from the other person, but I think it was great that you shared here online. It doesn't matter where you shared it, the most important thing is that you did. Sometimes you just have to feel like you have been heard. I really hope that you are continuing to make good decisions for yourself.

All the best,
someone who believes in reaching out no matter how you do it

Unread postby gramman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi maureen - this is my first time one here but I wish I had been here before to reply sooner - please pay NO ATTENTION to your first responder - those of us in recovery, especially for the length that they claim realize that in order for us to stay sober, we need to help others in recovery. I hope it went well that night and remember if you need to, reach out. We are all in this together.

Best,

scg
gramman

Unread postby InVein44 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Maureen, Please excuse BLAHH...BLAHH's ranting. Sharing is the point, talking to ANYONE (except maybe that person except he may have meant to reach out & not hide in your house) is best then keeping it to yourself. and yes, IT IS ABOUT YOU! Never stop sharing, never stop seeking answers and never think you are alone. I admit to not being religious but the words of the serenity prayer are good ones. I've been around, batteling a LONG TIME, 14 years and I am actually ready now, it didn't work B4 because I was not ready. I will say the best thing I ever heard from a drug councelor was "Amy, how long did it take you to get into the middle of the woods" I didn't get it at 1st but the answer at the time was 9 years. and he replied "If you turn around and walk back out, how long do you think it will take?" His point, 9 years. There are no short cuts because shortcuts can get you lost, you can skip important paths and on your way back, you might see things differently. Hit me up if u need me.
InVein44

Unread postby dtnt » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Maureen wrote:I am home alone reading The Addict and feeling strong and weak at the same time. My friends ("people, places and friends" to avoid friends) are partying starting at 8. So far I've stuck to my decision to stay home. Almost 48 hours clean of all substances, and don't want to get high. But I do feel that physical tug on the Mind trying to fake me out. My significant other says it's all about me. It is her birthday and she has decided to spend it alone. If I get through the night, I'll be so proud of myself.
dtnt

Return to Drug Addiction