Here's what we did...

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Here's what we did...

Unread postby Bobby » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:07 pm

The first major thing the wife and I did after we quit was buy a top-notch surround sound system with the approximately $1500 we saved the first month. [;)] Four years later we still enjoy it. And the kids can go to college now. [:D]
Bobby

Unread postby John » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:22 pm

That?s definitely some good reasons... just want to say thanks, sometimes I lose my faith in mankind but once in a while someone comes along and restores it... thanks again!
John

Unread postby Jessica » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:47 am

Don't be discouraged! You just need to find something else that you like to do. When I stopped drinking I started working out and I feel better both physically and mentally. Plus now I meet guys that take care of themselves!

Jessica [;)]
Jessica

Unread postby Guest » Sat May 27, 2006 6:55 pm

:D I started focusing on getting in shape. its one thing to be a recovering alcoholic,its another to still have that beer belly.I try to run whenever i get a chance and stay away from caffienne thats the last thing we need is a nervous alcoholic. :twisted:

Re: Here's what we did...

Unread postby kimbo525 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm

its good to hear that a couple quit. My husband and I use together. He would love a new surround sound!
kimbo525

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion