Humilation/ Depression/ GettingOutOfBed

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Humilation/ Depression/ GettingOutOfBed

Unread postby downUPdown2 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi, I have been humiliating myself by being drunk all over the city. I have been kicked out of many local bars, and just generally have acted like a jerk. i am universally despised and have no friends. Not one person will answer the phone to talk to me. I can't get out of bed and face the world, I just feel so awful. I don't know where to start.
downUPdown2

Re: Humilation/ Depression/ GettingOutOfBed

Unread postby glitterbug » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Hey! Are you still depressed and humiliated? Do you need some help getting to a meeting? Let me know. I may be able to help. Recovery is a long slow process so the sooner you start the better. It still takes a long time how to figure out how not to alienate yourself from others. but the very first step is getting and staying sober. Nothing works until that is achieved.
glitterbug

Unread postby oh2exhale » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Hang in there, get to a meeting or two. I did the same thing, humiliated myself and got thrown out of places - lost my dignity and respect...I finally stopped drinking and making it worse. If you dont like where youve been and where your going change direction.
oh2exhale

Unread postby imdannyg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:25 pm

hey, absolutely start with a meeting. And if your shy, start with one on here...do just what your doing now and talk about it...one thing i know works and thats TALK...TALK ...TALK..lol i know in the beginning it doesnt sound like it would work but hey if we had all the answers we wouldnt be here right? LOL keep talking on forums til u can get to a meeting, find a priestt, talk to a family member, anythng but isolating , you will just end up back into another bar, trust me been there done that. Good luck
imdannyg

Return to Drug Addiction