I Need You

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I Need You

Unread postby Stacey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

I am a sophomore in college and am going for a degree in Anthropology. In one of my current classes I am doing a research project on how religion affects addicts' recoveries. I am extremely interested and invested in this project and am looking for people who would be willing to be interviewed. Everything will be kept anonymous. If anyone is interested or would like more information, you can email me at s.e.cunningham1@eagle.clarion.edu or send me a private message. I could use as many people that are willing as possible. Thank you for your time.

Stacey Cunningham
Stacey

Re: I Need You

Unread postby EvenSteven » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Stacey, Interesting subject, nice. They say if you love someone, let them free. God gives us free will and when I started to "party" there was no God in my life.I was to busy having "fun" doing things my way. I think the Devil loves to steal our soul any way he can. I had no idea of God before entering AA, and I was brought up Catholic. The 12 steps were the directions on how I was to build a relationship with God, that continues to grow . As with any relationship, it took time and I got what I put into it. For me my Religion goes hand & hand with my program today, its a combination of the two that give me my foundation to withstand the storms of life. This is just my story, and hope it or I can help of some sort. Steve K
EvenSteven

Unread postby michaelpt- » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 am

I think your best bet would be going to "open AA meetings". You will be able to sit in on the meeting and listen to people share and talk about their higher power. There are different types of meetings but one type is called "God as I understand him". Maybe look at your local meeting list and try to find one that fits your need. I'll do an interview if you'd like. My e-mail address is michaelpt_123@msn.com. Good luck with your studies.
michaelpt-

Unread postby InVein44 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:32 am

I sent you a personal email to the address you listed
InVein44

Unread postby maria921 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:07 pm

God as I understand him......I can't say it is religion. It is a "spiritual awakining" believing there is something more powerful over ourselves--------to guide us------be there-----no matter what!
It only happens to those who read...work the 12 steps and suddenly you recieve a miracal. :!:
maria921

Return to Drug Addiction