saying sorry to group?

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

saying sorry to group?

Unread postby caliwebb4 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Yesterday was 5th day sober and 5th meeting (1st time admit I've got problem). Kept mouth shut until yesterday when I seemed to be spewing venom. Filled with shame about the anger that seemed to come out of no where. Do I need to go back to that group and say sorry? Soooo don't want to show my face again. Isn't even a close meeting for me. Can't believe how crappy I feel about this.
caliwebb4

Re: saying sorry to group?

Unread postby Lily » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am

Hello,

No need to be sorry for being real....you are just an infant in recovery. Recovery in my experience involves every single emotion.
So share the good, bad and ugly is all part of it. Not holding your feelings in was the very best thing to do at that time and especially in AA environment. They all understood where you were coming from believe me. The few who did not are shallow so disregard them.

Give it some time and one day you will see someone else do the same. I did not have the courage to allow my feelings to flow freely. Actually I did one time, but someone cut me off. It took me several weeks before I got over my anger and disappoint to return.

Again, my suggestion is to go right back and speak from your heart. Not being real is what got us all into AA I believe. So be proud whether your up or down that day and if you feel compelled share your feelings.

Lilac
Lily

Unread postby caliwebb3 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:44 pm

thanks Lilac...really. thank a lot. I've got 7 days. THIS is a wild ride. Soo much to absorb. I'm not as angry today. Your reply really means a lot to me. You take good care of yourself. sincerely, mary
caliwebb3

Unread postby avalon » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Can someone help me get to a meeting in center city, phila tonight?
avalon

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Good luck--whether you apologize or not, I hope you go back to the meeting!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:40 pm.

Return to New to Recovery?