Coming Back...

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Coming Back...

Unread postby northbear » Mon May 23, 2011 1:01 pm

I was sober for 6 years. I attended meetings religiously, shared, had a sponser and sponsees. I eventually thought myself right out of the rooms, nothing spontaneous just rationalized it wasn't working for me. I've been drinking for 3 years with sporadic success at moderation. I did experience several blackouts, and felt horrible many mornings. This morning I finally listened to the nagging voice inside of me and went to a meeting. I'm scared that I won't be able to "get it". It's a shaky first step at best. I was as honest as I knew how to be last time. I don't think I'm harboring any big issue I haven't vented and asked God's help with. My brain is telling me that this isn't going to work. I want to be free.
northbear

Re: Coming Back...

Unread postby Rainspa » Wed May 25, 2011 1:25 am

It will work.
You are loved.
You are worth loving and worth coming back for.
Rainspa

Unread postby kaiwes1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:27 am

hi U are posting your pain, shame and disappointment w/ ur self. Remember alcoholism is a disease. Honestly taking step 1 over and over confirms to our innermost self I am powerless over alcohol. Go to meetings sit and listen don't tell your story just yet. All of us have been there. Sit down and shut up. Do go to meetings even if at this time u can't stop drinking. Listen not just what is being shared but who is doing the sharing. Listen for words of the program hope,fforgiveness, one minuate at a time, go to meetings, get phone list call someone from that list, the person u don't know will be able to listen w/out u feeling u are be judges. go to meetings reach out to the "sicker" newcomer. we help those that are just coiming in for the !st time. You can help the newcomer you have experience, strength, and hope. May the spirit of the program be with you as you trudge the road of happy destiny. :)
kaiwes1

Unread postby Rainspa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:19 am

Do the steps, in order as they are writen in the Big Book.

It will work. :)
Rainspa

Unread postby allims83 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm

See, your thinking is the problem. You "thought" you could just stop going to meetings. You "think" this isn't going to work. It took me a while to realize that I don't just have a problem with alcohol, in fact, that is just a surface issue. The real problem is not the obsession with alcohol (granted, this is the first problem to tackle), but the real problem is my obsession with myself. As I examine all of my fears, resentments, problems, and other issues that drives my thinking out of control, I see a common theme. ME. It's all about me and my pride. I have lived a life full of fear because I am worried about myself. I am early in recovery, but I am looking forward to working the program and breaking the chains that my ego bounds me up in. I can't wait for serenity, humility, honesty, and peace. I encourage you to surrender, go to meetings, listen, and (the hardest of them all) stop thinking. It will be very uncomfortable at times, but so worth it. Hang in there and good luck.
allims83

Unread postby mikel » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 am

doing this again will is not any easier.but i know this[aa]is the only and best way.
mikel

Unread postby robertoZ » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:08 am

You're already helping others stay sober. Thanks! Never stop coming back.
robertoZ

Unread postby Jason1 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Rainspa wrote:
> Do the steps, in order as they are writen in the Big Book.
>
> It will work. :)
Yes it does! just give it a try! :D
Jason1

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion