I need advice

This forum is for family and friends of people who are addicted to drugs
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I need advice

Unread postby reen » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:59 am

My son is a drug and alcohol abuser. He just went into rehab yesterday. Before going he was a mess and almost destroyed my house. At the time that I told him to leave, I told him that I didn't want to see him again till he could prove that he was 6 months sober. Now he chose to go to rehab, my problem is when he gets out, do I take him back in? I'm afraid if I don't he will be forced go to the friends he does drugs with.
reen

Re: I need advice

Unread postby LKA » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:27 pm

This may not be what you want to hear ..............Rehabs are a 50 50 thing...........Just do not billed your hopes up............My son spent 6 months in jail in Pa for a misdermenor...........!st words out of his mouth were I want a beer,Pot,and a woman.........I have lost count of rehabs...........Also some detox along the way.......Get to Al a nom meetings...........I have not been going so that is why I am so screwed up at this time..........His father is also no support............At this time (this minute) waiting for a bed......
LKA

Unread postby sweetthing16 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:35 pm

I have been dealing with an alcoholic and drug addict for 6 yrs...i've learned ..if they don't want to stay clean ...nothing u do or say will change them....they have to really want it ....find a al anon meeting and co dependant meeting ....live for yourself not him..i know he is ur son ...but take care of u first
sweetthing16

Unread postby lesuaus99 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:33 am

Just a quote that someone gave to me last week before I went to the rehab hospital to pick up my drug-addict husband.
"After Me.... Your're First!"
I ha ve to make myself conscious of these few words all the time I whisper these words several times a day.

Take care of yourself first. Be good to you . Then be good to the other one!
lesuaus99

Return to Family and Friends - Drug Addiction