relapses

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

relapses

Unread postby whyme?whynot » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:18 am

I keep relapsing.Not strong enough.im so sad.alcoholism is killing me.Have sponsor,who is great,but im still sick.going meeting,not as much as I should.iwont give up. :(
whyme?whynot

Re: relapses

Unread postby JenniBabi097 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:40 am

I have relapsed many times I drank took pills u name it but I have a lil over 2 months now but thats bc I have probation 3 days a week which Im actually somewhat glad about now I cant tell u it gets alot easier theres always those days like im having now if i had money I would of got whatever i could Im so stessed....Dont say ur not strong bc believe it or not we are some of the strongest people to live with this disease....Keep ur head Up!! If ya need anything Ill be on for a lil..its my first time on here...Good Luck!!
JenniBabi097

Unread postby Rainspa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:24 am

Have you done all the steps, in order like they are writen on the first 164 pages of the big book?

The reason I ask is this: rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. (the path is the 12 steps of AA)

If you go to meetings, share, get a sponsor, read the book you've done some good things. But you haven't actually DONE AA.

AA IS the steps.

When you relapse what step are you on?
Because there is probably someone that can help with that. :)
Rainspa

Unread postby nojuiceforbruce » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:33 am

I keep relapsing all the time. Today please pray for me. I am through with alcohol. I caused so may problems with my drinking - I keep thinking that I lost my license for over 1 yr and due to drinking and my wife has cancer and needs to go to the hospital. I am so selfish. my mind keeps telling me to drink. what can I do when i get those thoughts? It is so hard yesterday I went through over 30 dollars for vodka and feel guilty and scared today that I will do the same. I am shaky and very nervous right now. My mind is telling me I will always fail and thus should kill myself to avoid all the misery I caused. Please help with suggestions.
nojuiceforbruce

Unread postby buckethead » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:11 am

I picked up a drink (dont like the word relapse) after a very long time sober, thought I was weak. Had to be reminded that since i am in AA again I DO NOT HAVE TO BE STRONG. In fact i am powerless over this disease. remember this is a disease of body and mind, Would you think that you could by force of will overcome diabetes?
The point is to stop trying to do this by your on willpower or "strength". surrender, you cannot win alone.
Find a higher power that fits you, give in to the back to basics guys if thats what gonna keep you sober, find a sponsor thats not a nut job and actually do what he suggests, help another person in or out of the program, do the next right thing. Take a small action and a small leap of faith in something and you will be amazed at the results.
before you think of a permenant solution to a temporary problem think of those around you now and the ones you havent met yet. you have alot to do, and it will be great, good luck.
buckethead

Unread postby gcon » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:18 pm

In rehabs and in most meetings you hear the percentages of people who pick up, relapse, go out, slip, whatever you want to call it. But the Big Book talks about what you can achieve if you are fearless, thorough, rigorous about the program of AA. The fellowship of AA is a wonderful thing. But the fellowship will not get or keep you sober. Only a higher power,not human aid, can get and keep you sober. You get in contact with that Higher Power through working the program(12 steps as outlined in the first 103 pages of the Big Book). If you have a sponsor who has not gone through the process, or is not passionate about the program, move on and find someone who is. Remember that we are speeking about life and death.
gcon

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion