Day 1

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Day 1

Unread postby patrick24 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:55 pm

I feel like I have struggled with addiction my whole life, there was a point when I was clean for many years and happy. at this point I forget what that was like. I was addicted to dope as a kid and then again this year. I have slowly lost everything. I have my script for suboxine and havent taken it yet, I plan on starting it tomorrow. I need help though. I need a sponser and some meetings this time. I cant do it alone. I have no friends left now that I stopped paying for their drugs. I got jumped in north philly and had to get my head stapled shut while I was buying drugs. Its a really bad neighborhood. I am a 5ft tall gay boy who has no business up there. I know why I started using agian, I need to face it and heal the wounds. Tomorrow is going to be awful.
patrick24

Re: Day 1

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Patrick I feel the same. I am in limbo now trying to get into a residential treatment center. Unfortunately it took for me to have to relocate to come to the realization that I have a problem. Dont give up.

Unread postby Iddydi » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:29 pm

Patrick,
While online chats may help temporarily, you really need to start going to meetings pronto. Raise your hand, let everyone know that you want and need help. Grab a sponsor, even if on a temporary basis. Any chance of geeting into a rehab?
Iddydi

Unread postby abclimo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:06 am

Patrick: I am also from your area, and I know there are several really good facilities in our area to help you get clean. I just did 5 days at Penn Foundation Recovery Center and I had also looked at another facility in the Chester area. I can tell you that Penn was wonderful, the counselors care, the techs care, and the community is very very caring and there is always someone there willing to listen to you if you want to talk and they definitely don't judge anyone. If you are interested, their phone number is 215-257-9999. If you have no insurance, they can work with you on getting funding for this. There were people there from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and even further. It's ugly to detox, no matter what it's from, but you can do this, you have to think positive. Definitely get a sponsor and find some meetings. If your first sponsor doesn't click for you, look for a different one, until you find one that will support you to the extent you need. Just remember that it is a one day at a time process and if you do slip up, you just start over and take it one day, or even one hour at a time. I will keep positive thoughts for you and pray for you.
abclimo

Unread postby Rose819 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:43 am

Hi Patrick, I'm from Port Richmond I've been clean only a few months. I do work alot but go to meetings as much as I can. U did it before you can do it again. U can be happy again and smile cause if i can anyone can. If u need help getting to a meeting or going to a treatment facility I'd be glad to help. I spent 7 days in detox them cold turkey, no friends no family just the safe care of NA and AA. I'll give u my number if u want it just let me know.
Pray and ask for help that's the only way u will get it. I'll pray for u. Well hang in there life will be worth living again.
Rose A Fellow Addict
Rose819

Return to Drug Addiction