Finding peace for once in a life of chaos

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Finding peace for once in a life of chaos

Unread postby Rickaddict » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:03 pm

My name is Rick, i live just between trenton and philly pa. I have been an addict for many years, tried unsuccessfully to stay clean going to rehabs etc. Finally I have found my sobriety, sticking to the 12 steps and going to meetings are a great help, and on top of that, something that I am persuing is meditation. I have found the combination of meetings and the 12 steps in conjunction with meditation have greatly increased my sobriety. I am writing this just to tell others out there like me to give vippasana or any meditation a chance, you will open your mind to so much that you may not realize is in you. I have found life to be much smoother simply with the realization that i don't have to react to all my thoughts, fears, or cravings. a thought is simply a thought until you give it the energy to effect you. I'm not trying to force any type of religion on anyone, simply trying to give those of us struggling one more tool in the fight with ourselves. luck and love to all the suffering addicts.
Rick
Rickaddict

Re: Finding peace for once in a life of chaos

Unread postby nrl » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:46 am

thanks really.
nrl

Re: Finding peace for once in a life of chaos

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks Rick, meditation definitely helps, especially if you can clear your mind of all the stressors. Thanks for sharing!
abclimo

Return to Drug Addiction