back again

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

back again

Unread postby vaidella55 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:36 am

hi my name is carol. i'm trying 2 remember when i was a greatful recovering addict. its be a long since i could say that and mean it. i have gotten a couple of 4 yrs clean twice n figured i could drink. o i could for a couple of yrs, but i no itdoesn't work like that. my disease said it was ok again. it took 4 yrs but i used my drug of choice on fri. now im back to square 1. i just looked 4 a meeting near me and there is none @ all in my city! i can't believe it. there are some close but none right here. i don't live in west hell and see addicts everyday. i no i need help and i'm reaching out
vaidella55

Re: back again

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:02 am

Vaidella: Hi and welcome back . Definitely try to find some meetings that are close enough to you that they are do able. I think meetings are really important. It's probably good that you don't live in west hell. Anyway, definitely try to find some meetings that are close enough for you to get to. There are none where I live, but I attend at least 3 a week and I know of some people who are clean years and years and still go to meetings everyday. If transportation is an issue, after you have made it to a few meetings and you find some people you are comfortable with, you may find someone who lives near you that can pick you up and get you there. You have admitted that you have a problem, now you need to do something about it. You can do this, just take it one day at a time. Definitely come back here and continue to post, there are people here who care that you make it.
abclimo

Return to Drug Addiction