help

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

help

Unread postby yhtak80r » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:08 am

help

i REALLY NEED SOMEONE

I WENT TO AA

HOW DID I FEEL AFTER IT

THAT THEY WENT THROGH HELL AND BACK AND MY GOD THANK GOD IM NOT A DUI VICTOM OR ON THE OUT WITH MY MY JOB AND GOD BLESS THEM BUT I COULD USE A DRINK CAUSE THEY WENT ABOUT NOT DRINKING AND HOW THEY MESSED UP AND THANK GOD IM NOT THERE YET

YES ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I NEED HELP
yhtak80r

Re: help

Unread postby Guest » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:49 am

Glad to hear you are not there yet, but if you want to be able to say the same thing next year, get professional help. Or you'll lose it all - like them.

Unread postby MAC » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:57 am

I just got out of rehab this morning and can honestly say it has changed my life. Everything is clearer now. I, myself, didnt lose anything at all but just know that everything can disappear within the blink of an eye. Consider yourself fortunate that you can see a problem; so many are not there yet. Just stay strong and look for help. Us addicts/alcoholics are a stubborn bunch but we cannot do it alone. We're here to help. Stay connected and keep positive.
MAC

Unread postby rcadia69 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Hello,I am new to the forums,but glad to be here with you because I realize that I need help.I first noticed on the forum the "loss". I never thought in those terms but "seeing" it said that way and realizing what I am presently going through,...yes,..I can definitely see "loss".I want to change,I want to evict this person that takes over my identity when I "allow" her to. She makes me so ashamed,yet I must be indeed strong,..to hold my head up as if it didn't happen,...the things they say I do,the money spent for what?..that certain loss of questionable memory that I really am cautious of reclaiming! I am tired,I am lonely in this madness, and I know that I can't control this alone,..I need help. I would so appreciate those that are here and going through this simular sad situation. I know that I can be a better person,one that would benefit society if given another chance. Please help me to be me.
rcadia69

Unread postby Guest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 pm

Keep going to different meetings you will find meetings that you will favor.
Don't stop, remember to take a deep breath and hang on to what you are learning.
It's hard to understand at first how this all works out for the better but it does.
It really does get better!

Unread postby jackiecass58 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:48 pm

i am also just realizing that alcohol has been something i have been abusing to replace human contact. as an ex-wife of an alcoholic,i have spent a good portion of my life finger-pointing,and having my husbands flaws be so large,it has taken my some time to come down off my high horse,as i have left almost 5 years ago,and am now very alone,lost everything,have a health issue that is keeping me in a stuck position,and began drinking alone @ 2 yrs ago. My drinking is binging,and i try to st ay home and hide and pretend,especially since i have been such a bitch in my tolerance/blame game,and am almost to ashamed to come forward. But desperation and loneliness are becoming the bigger issues. my health issue,a brain tumor removed 10 1/2 months ago,have left me so isolated. House is going into foreclosure,old car is dying,and i truly hate the person i am now. a few weeks ago i went out,alone,and behaved in a way i can not even 'own' i am so stunned i have 'gone' that far. my behaviour is making me consider getting help before i REALLY do something i cant take back,or get 'found' out. I feel like a liar,not-worthy,shameful'and the very worse,is the ALONENESS of it all. I try to stay on track,be positive,and am now just plain afraid. I have fantasies about meeting someone,but realistically know i have work to do on ME before i can deserve the love of anyone else again. I am just so tired,so beaten down,frustrated,broke,and alone i question living at times. I know i am not alone in this,but have no energy to DO anything,anymore....i also need some encouragement,and have only just found this site a few days ago...i have a 6packand a half of 7 oz. in refrigerater,and a bottle of wine(gift) in car. i dont even know why ive shared all this,other than my shame makes me want to hide behind this machine. I feel to flawed to be worthy of saving.
jackiecass58

Unread postby casnooper » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 pm

I know how you feel. I lost my job due to my alcohol and drug use. I have been clean from drugs for a few months but I have never been sober from alcohol for any length of time. I can't sleep. This is my first day without a drink. I got a swift kick in the butt when I almost died last night from plcohol poisoning. I can't go back there. I can't go to rehab because I don't have insurance but I can go to AA meetings. I am visiting family in Florida and will be home soon. I need to find a meeting around here. I can do this but it will take time and support. You are worth saving and so am I.
casnooper

Unread postby scared13 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 am

These are all such powerful posts. I feel a lot of the sentiments posted. Thank you all so much for sharing. I don't feel so alone.
scared13

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:56 am

Scared, Jackiecass and Casnooper: Hi and thanks for posting. You are not all alone when you can post here. Together, we can recover, but it definitely takes a lot of work. All of you have posted that you don't want to live this life anymore and you don't have to. Definitely find meetings, network with others and collect phone numbers to call BEFORE you do something. Your brain will tell you its wrong, but your body says its right, that it needs a drink/drugs. As far as the insurance thing goes, that's not true. I don't know where you live, but the individual counties have programs to help people with no insurance with drug/alcohol addiction. These programs pay for inpatient rehabs, outpatient rehabs, therapy, etc. Contact a local rehab and ask what help is available financially, tell them you have a problem and need help. Also, Sometimes if you apply for medical assistance, depending on where you live, there is a question that asks if you have a drug/alcohol problem and that will get you coverage for rehab, etc. We all go through the feelings of hate for ourselves, shame, and so much more. So many times, we are self-medicating to escape those feelings, but it only makes things worse, because then we know we did something stupid and hate ourselves even more. Quite a while back, while still in active addiction, I started to journal what I was feeling when I would crave "the junk" as I call it. I found that I had some really powerful feelings going on that caused me to self-medicate. Seeing it on paper made me realize a lot of things and I was sometimes amazed at what would appear on the paper since I didn't even know it was bothering me. Definitely everyone should find meetings. If you don't want to share when you are there, just go and listen. Find a sponsor, someone who you are really comfortable with. Work your steps and go from just being clean/sober to being in recovery. Help others who have less time being clean/sober than you do, it helps keep us from returning back to that dark place. The bottom line is you can all do this, take it a day at a time. Sometimes a day is too much, so take it an hour, or minutes at a time. Find things that distract you to keep you from doing things you shouldn't do. You are all worth it and can beat this survive this horrible disease. You need to tell yourself you are worth it and that you can do it. It's an incredible journey and the road will be bumpy, but you'll feel so much better. Keep posting.
abclimo

Unread postby andreal » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Keep listening and learning. Alchololism is no joke! It will take everything you have. Your health, your family, your job, and your freedom. You need to pray and mean it. God will help you if you let him. I know He did for me. Peace....

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:39 pm.
andreal

Return to New to Recovery?