sober 3 years now

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

sober 3 years now

Unread postby saved by grace » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Being sober for 3 years 3 months now has been a journey. After drinking and drugging for 20 years, I can honestly say that life now is a blessing. I lost SOOOO much in my addiction, most importantly my children. My oldest was 12, my daughter 7, and my baby, 2. 14 years of marriage gone. My children now, my oldest son is 28, daughter 22, my baby, 17. And now I am a grandmother. All those years lost- and , all that time drown in a bottle. By God's mercy and grace, I am sober, and yes, it get's easier.I tell people now,that" my worst day sober is a million times better than my best day drunk! Pray, and REALLY mean it, and KEEP praying and God will help you to break the viscious cycle of addiction. There are so many people who are such GOOD people who are addicts.Remember that when you are struggling.... Life is worth living sober and Family will forgive. It might take some time, but they do. Forgiving yourself,sets you free. Peace
saved by grace

Re: sober 3 years now

Unread postby dianevrt@gmail.com » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Congrats,on your sobriety.I totally relate,i have a son and daughter at the same ages as yours,and when all failed in my addiction they never gave up on me when i thought they would have as others did, being a sober women in recovery now for 7yrs 4 mos i have regains so much more than i ever imagined.Life today is priceless
dianevrt@gmail.com

Unread postby bluehen » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:40 pm

:) Sober 21 months....Been struggling the last 6 months but getting better now...Sharing has helped me and has allowed others to help me...Realizing what I am not doing in my life....Need to have more Faith and stop stuggling with Fear...I was always a small town girl and my life has been a whirlwind the last year and a half...Must trust that where I am now is where I am meant to be! bluehen
bluehen

Unread postby Faithful1 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:52 pm

I am coming up on 2 yrs on June 7 and have lost much as well. I can relate totally to how blessed I feel today. All those things I thought were so important are lost to the gratitude I feel today, and to have the chance appreciate the chance to love and be loved, knowing they deserve it and so do i
Faithful1

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion