Confused!

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Confused!

Unread postby Ms. Lost » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:30 pm

I really wanna stop smoking weed but I have to much idle time on my hands. Im scared to go to a NA meeting cause im scared someone will know me and this can cause me to losemy job. But im so tired but it seem like I have no will power I just give in to my desires. Can anyone relate?
Ms. Lost

Re: Confused!

Unread postby abclimo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:25 am

Ms. Lost: It's called addiction, we have no willpower/ability to stop using. Don't be scared to go to a meeting, if someone from work sees you at a meeting, they would also have to admit they are there. One of the great things about an NA meeting is anonominity. we only introduce ourselves by our first names, you don't have to tell about where you work, etc. You can just say "things at work stress me out" and thats all the detail you need to go into. You can go to a meeting that is a little way from where you live, and the chance of seeing someone from work is much less. I've never heard of someone being fired for going out to meetings to try to get clean, only for getting caught using at work, or having drugs/alcohol at work. Definitely try a meeting, you'll be amazed at what you'll learn, if you really pay attention to what is being said. Also, it's important to share at meetings, so get your hand up there and share what's bothering you, even if it's not on the topic everyone else is speaking on, no one will stop you from talking. You've taken the first step, now keep going, you can get clean and stay clean.
abclimo

Return to New to Recovery?