feeling so hopeless

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Re: feeling so hopeless

Unread postby L1veL1fe89 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Thank you so much for your support. I went to another meeting today and i plain to stack up on meetings for as long as i can.
i will try everything you guys suggested.
Thanks again
L1veL1fe89

Unread postby Need2beclean » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 am

Keep coming back! I was always overwhelmed by thoughts that I would have to stay clean the rest of my life, but when I reduced it to 'stay clean today...hell yeah I can do that. Ill use tomororow' That would help me with the immediate craving. I also make lots of phone calls when Im feeling that way. Keep reaching out adn keep coming back!
Need2beclean

Unread postby L1veL1fe89 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 pm

thanks again, all those things you told me to try, worked!
L1veL1fe89

Unread postby livenlelive » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:32 am

Give yourself a break and stop sitting in self pity it wont get u anywhere. You do these things because your an addict that's what we do. Pick yourself back up and I suggest ..highley suggest that u do a 90 in 90 a mtg every day. U said it yourself you stopped going to mtgs. I'm sure that had a whole lot to do with it. Do mtgs meet people get a sponsor and do your steps! Good luck! Love from one addict to another! There is lots of hope hang on if u really want it just do it...u gotta do it all
livenlelive

Unread postby williamz 215 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 pm

i myself am thinking of going to my first meeting tommorrow night. i dont actually think i have too much of a problem but i wanted to learn some techniques of preventing myself from indulging when i have the temptation
williamz 215

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:39 am

William: Hi and welcome. You admit that you don't "have to much of a problem". But you're here, so you're telling yourself that you have a problem. Definitely go to a meeting and listen to what they have to say. You'll hear lots of people say they didn't think they had a problem until they got clean and could step back and look at their lives and then they realized how unmanageable their lives were and also how addicted they really were. My favorite to say was "I'm just a nice girl with a little drug problem", boy was that a load of crap. I was an addict, just like everyone else here is. It doesn't only have to be an addiction to alcohol/drugs, but you can just as easily be addicted to other things and that's something you'll hear shared in those rooms. Congrats on taking the first step, keep going, you can get clean and your life will be so much better for it.
abclimo

Unread postby HappyGilmore » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 pm

I'm thinking of going to my first meeting this weekend. I need some kind of support group. I do okay for a couple weeks or some such and fall off again.
HappyGilmore

Unread postby no in betweens » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 am

I am sure you have heard it a million times. We are addicts, we have a disease and we are powerless over the substances we have become to love,only to destroy our life. I used to do cocaine a lot! Ever since I was 18, until about 4 or 5 years ago. I loved the rush,but hated the high. I couldn't stand the paranoia, and the fact that 100's of dollars was gone in the matter of hours. Even though I wanted to stop, I couldn't,because I kept on thinking of that rush. I went to meetings,rehab, you mane it I tried it. But one day I thought past the rush. Though about the feeling I had after I was done. It's hard because being addicted,our brains don't want us to think past the rush,it wants the rush.So, one day by accident, I saw a "friend" that I got high with,and I saw how he acted. It was bad. I knew I was worse, at least he could talk. It was psycho-babble, but he put words together. When I was on it, I couldn't talk. I was shaking,as he was. My thoughts were "lets do another line." Or I though I could take one hit on the pipe,and do little lines. I did all kinds of "tricks" to fool myself so I could do more. What I am trying to say, is the sight of someone high made me think that I do not want to be that way again!! I haven't done cocaine in 4 or 5 years!! But, I am not with out faults. About 3 years ago I started using heroin. I figured, what the hell, I have tried it in the past, I am not going to get addicted, besides I am not shooting it, I am going to sniff it! Well I am right back in hell!! It's different then the cocaine,crack hell. I need this shit to function. I am sick of it. But that's another story. I have to get ready for work. I wish you the best. And try to think past the rush. Think of the feeling of guilt, and all the bad stuff after you do it. Maybe that will help. Don't think you can trade your drug of choice. It don't work.....There is no in between!!
no in betweens

Previous

Return to Drug Addiction