New here

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

New here

Unread postby Sasha13 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:02 am

Good Morning... Hoping to find a way to sobriety. Here to meet others that understand, will not judge and that I can talk openly to.
Sasha13

Re: New here

Unread postby Reese » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi. I have never sought help before today. But, same as you, I am looking for a way towards getting help with my drinking. I wish I could give you advice but when I read your post it made me feel better knowing I'm not the only one new here.
Reese

Unread postby jrfromsc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Sasha,
It does appear that you are new to sobriety. I am one of the younger people in A.A. but I have been sober now for multiple years. (I'm 26) one of the biggest fears I had was being judged and the basic fear of the unknown. I can assure you completely that you will not be judged. Everyone in the rooms has been where you are and some have had similar or the same experiences. What could it hurt to try?,if you don't like it the misery of addiction is 100% refundable. I wish you all the best. We're here for you.

Jr
jrfromsc

Unread postby Sasha13 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply.
I have tried meetings but felt lost ... (too many people)
Today I am going to a meeting and a good friend has offered to go with me. :)
Sasha13

Unread postby jrfromsc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 am

Well that I am very glad to hear. Truth be told there are many meetings to where it is very easy to feel lost with the amount of people. Especially with many members of that group becoming close due to the amount of years they have been going together. Personally, I try to get to the smaller meetings, they are more personal and tend to be a little more personal and you really get the help you need. Either way, you are doing the right thing in going to meetings, any meetings. I am taking time from work here and up in Pa for a while, I am always up for meetings to anyone who is hesitant about going. All the best.
jrfromsc

Unread postby Sasha13 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Went to the meeting and all went well. It was a small meeting and everyone was open and friendly. :) I plan to go to another tomorrow at noon at the same place. Also, have meetings planned elsewhere for Wed and Thur. Looking at other meetings around for Thur thru Sun.
And it was nice having my friend there for support.
Sasha13

Unread postby robertoZ » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Welcome! Go to a meeting everyday. Continue to go to the ones you like. Best!
robertoZ

Unread postby Sasha13 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks robertoZ and was reading your thread "Trying again after being out for years" and happy to hear things are going well for you.
Sasha13

Return to New to Recovery?