time to take the first step

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

time to take the first step

Unread postby mwestman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:31 pm

I have been drinking for a long time. I would drink every night. It came to a point recently where I would drink, then try to commit suicide. (this after the loss of both of my parents) I have tried 9 times and am very fortunate to be alive and well. I have finally come to terms that I am an alcoholic and I need help. I looked up the local AA meetings in my area and found one that I can attend. I am scared to death, but I know I must do this as it is a matter of life or death. I have 3 children and want to be around for them.
mwestman

Re: time to take the first step

Unread postby Carat01 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:13 pm

I know you are scared, but at least you realized you need help for yourself and your kids.
This is the hardest part, admitting you need help.
Make sure you stick with your meetings, you need people.
Your kids need you.
You are not alone.
BTW I just signed up on this site, so it's a first for me too.
My husband is an alcoholic, I need help too.

((HUGS))
Cara :wink:
Carat01

Re: time to take the first step

Unread postby escape from berlin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 pm

you should be soo proud of your self.. im sure you have spent much time being ashamed, alone and sick...new day now..keep moving foreward, it gets soo much better. i have been sober 21 yrs.. keep moving
escape from berlin

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion