trying to be sober one more time

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

trying to be sober one more time

Unread postby solsingr » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello friends, will try and keep this short, im 45 and have a grandaughter i take care of which i never ever drink with her in car or my daily life, i sneak it in at night, anyway my blood pressure is high mt cholesterhol is up there and all that goes with being a drunk, im doing the right things like going to gym ect, just need friends to get me thru, i have done the plan many times, just need all of you to help when im weak, thats all, btw my typing sucks, thanks to all of you
solsingr

Re: trying to be sober one more time

Unread postby abclimo » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:12 am

Solsingr: Find an AA meeting and attend. Network with people you meet there so you can call someone before you drink. Go and listen to what is said and if you are comfortable, share what you are thinking and feeling. Eventually find a sponsor, someone you feel very comfortable with who you can talk to about things going on in your life before you drink. I am also a big believer in journaling. When you have the urge to drink, but before you actually drink, write down what you are feeling and thinking and keep doing this. Then look back to see if there is a pattern, chances are there will be. I find that sometimes when I am thinking about something I can actually make it worse in my mind than it looks when I write it down on paper and that's so helpful. Also, once it's down on paper, sometimes it's easier to just let it go and move on. It's a very worthwhile journey and you can do it, just tell yourself you can do it and keep telling yourself you can do it. Hugs!
abclimo

Return to New to Recovery?