Plz help n tell me where to begin

General questions about recovery
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

Plz help n tell me where to begin

Unread postby Alexandria_88 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:23 pm

My name s Alexandria I'm 23 n i have had a prob with alcohol n drugs start at 13 n at first it was
Fun n games now i drink n do cocaine when get lil upset or Iam bored or pissed off
But i can't learn when to stop i just drink n drink n then use cocaine i spent 700 I'n 6 hours on cocaine .
Iam scard n want do better n learn to say no n stop but don't know how to
I feel ashamed of myself Bc i have beautiful lil four year old boy n He deserve
A better mommy then me going out party but the other problem
Is my family n friends party n do same stuff n my mom a bad alcoholic .. I got so depressed
And have thought of hurting myself Bc it feel like only way out ..
I just need know where to begin someone Plz help me ..
Alexandria_88

Alexandria_88

Re: Plz help n tell me where to begin

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:32 am

Alexandria: Hi and welcome! You have a lot to live for. You have a 4 year old and that should be a huge inspiration to get clean. Call a rehab center and let them help you, even if you can't do inpatient, they have lots of other programs. If that rehab center doesn't inspire you, find another one near where you are located, from what I hear, they are not all the same. Unfortunately we are a people with the disease of addiction and moderation simply doesn't enter into it for us. We need to abstain, because we have no control to stop at 1 drink or one anything. I have found a lot of success in journaling what I was feeling when I would have the urge to use. It was a huge eye opener for me, I learned a lot about how I was feeling by going back and looking at what I wrote and was able to deal with my feelings and that helped some with the urge to use. A lot of times we use drugs/alcohol to help deal with depression, anxiety, anger, not wanting to deal with others in our family or our friends, frustrations at work and so on. It's self medicating and not a good thing. By dealing with our feelings, sometimes we can get to the root of partially what causes us to use and once you can work through that, it gets easier. I'm sure not many of us woke up one day and decided to have serious addiction issues, no something pushed us to look for relief from what we had going on in our lives. You need to take this one step at a time, you have admitted that you have a problem and that's huge. Now, you need to start to deal with it and you can do it. It's a journey that will lead to a better life for you and your little one and a life that you can be really proud of.
abclimo

Return to New to Recovery?