3 years and 3 months

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

3 years and 3 months

Unread postby saved by grace » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 pm

3 years and 3 months sober now. What a miracle! After 20 years of addiction, I never thought I would live a sober life. I first want to thank God for saving me from this horrible addiction. It has cost me dearly. Losing my children 15 years ago as a direct result of my drinking, and so, so much more...All those years were lost..LOST! But life does go on.
2nd I want to say is that I HATE with all my heart alcohol! I hate it. I hate everythging about it. It is pure evil.
3rd thing I want to say is that life now has been a true blessing and gift from God. I want to encourage people that you can live a sober life, and be happy at the same time. I have been in the rehabs, I have been to not 1 but 2 jails, I have had the "classic DUI ", i HAve been to a half way house , been on all the anti-dpressants over my drinking years, have had my brain picked by the "doctors and counsolers ect. ect.
But by the Grace of God - He took the addiction away. I was always ashamed to pray to God because of the piece of S--t that I was, but now I know in his eyes, I was a suffering alcoholic who needed help. I prayed and prayed and prayed, and then I night 3 years and 3 months ago- he answered me. I woke that day, not knowing that from that day on, I would not drink again. The cravings were GONE! The cycle was broken and I could not believe it. All this time, and everyday, I get on my knees and thank Him for another chance to live. So I hope this message reaches somebody and gives them hope that if you nPray and REALLY mean it with all your heart that you want to stop the madness, God will help lbecause He helped me. It was and everyday still is a Miracle that I don't drink.
saved by grace

Re: 3 years and 3 months

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:40 am

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted on your recovery. You are HOPE for all the people looking for answers.

Unread postby isafin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:53 pm

These are truly beautiful and encouraging words. Congratulations and God bless you!
isafin

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Saved by Grace: Thank you so much for sharing. You give a great inspiration to all those out there!
abclimo

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion