I DONT WANT DRUGS TO BE PART OF MY LIFE!

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.
Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

I DONT WANT DRUGS TO BE PART OF MY LIFE!

Unread postby annied » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi, my names Annie. I used to think i could not live my life without drugs, any drugs, anything I could get. I have 5 children total. Due to my drug use and being a single mother in my early 20's, I ended up loosing them. Even after a year of being in recovery I had a chance to try and be a good mom again (pregnant with my 5th child at the time). I thought I was doing really well, until her father decided to go for custody of her, and due to my past, I only got 50/50. It was like a slap in the face (she is 7 months old). I have a very long long long confusing story, if you have any ?'s for me that i can answer, so you could help me out, it would be great......
annied

Re: I DONT WANT DRUGS TO BE PART OF MY LIFE!

Unread postby annied » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:15 pm

i really really need feedback some1 any1!....HELP
annied

Unread postby ryedog55 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi, and may God be with you. It is the hardest thing to do......get sober and realize you do not need drugs in your life for the rest of your life. The old cliche, "One day at a time" is so true, but in order for us addicts to handle just one day, we need many tools to defend against the addiction. The only advice I can give you is meetings, meetings and more meetings....But, you have to speak out and network with other recovering addicts that have some clean time under their belt. Some people think there is no fun in AA (or NA/CA), but once we get a clearer mind from not using, we find that there are so many things to do in the program. AA tells me that I do not have to drink one day at a time, but I go to the meetings because I want to be happy and clean. Happiness, for me, did not happen until I became spiritual and realized how good life is without drugs. It takes time and it takes effort. Put your all into recovery and good things will happen. I don't have a license for 5 years, owed over $35,000.00 to the state, IRS and credit cards, lost my house and everything I owned. I now live in a room where I share a house with 4 other people and I get a ride to work everyday. The kicker is.....I'm HAPPY now with who I am even though I still have many obstacles ahead of me. I open my toolbox every day and I'm able to fix some of my defects. The more I get involved with the program, the more tools I fill my toolbox with. By the way, talking to the god of your understanding helps too....that's just one of the many tools needed. Good luck. You can do it. You're a great mother and all you need is time to recover and get back on your feet.

Ryan
ryedog55

Unread postby abclimo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:22 am

Annie: Hi and welcome. Your post says so much and so did Ryans post. I agree about meetings. After I got clean, I went to a meeting everyday and found a few that I felt more comfortable at and those are the meetings that I attend regularly. I have also found that journaling what I am feeling helps me to deal with stress, sometimes I don't even know that something is bothering me until it comes through my pen and onto the paper, it's pretty profound some days. Just a thought about trying the journaling. I have worked in the legal field for many years and I can tell you that if the baby's father brought up your past at the custody conference, you are lucky to have gotten 50/50 custody and the fact that you don't need supervision for your custody is excellent, it shows that someone is believing in you. Definitely start to go to meetings, you don't say how old your other children are, but once you start going to meetings, write them all down, also keep track of your clean time, then when you are ready, you can try for more custody or custody of your other children with the proof that you have been clean and attend meetings regularly to stay clean. Network with others are your meeting so you STAY clean. You will get out of your efforts, exactly what you put into them. If you make a lot of effort to go to meetings, share at the meetings, get involved and help others, you will definitely get a lot out of the program and that is the recovery part of your addiction. It is one thing to be "clean" and it is totally another thing to be in "recovery". If you have an NA book, it's part of more will be revealed, if not, you can view it only for free. You have made the effort to get clean, now stay clean (which is sometimes easier said than done) and work your recovery, so you will heal. You can do this, you are worth it and so are your children. Keep posting because we care what happens. Hugs!
abclimo

Unread postby escape from berlin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:46 am

you r there MOTHER 1rst.. now you must become the mother you want to be..clean & sober..your children will be proud of you and 1 day understand the struggle you faced..i no its hard, i have been there, mom at 17, remember nothing..so sad..BUT ..enter soberity..new lite..iv been sober 21 yrs . i have 2 new daughters who couldnt even imagine the women i once was..unfortuantly.. their father went back to the bottle & herion...many prison stays. broke, homeless & every thing the dope & drink offer...dont tell your kids or any 1 what u want to do..SHOW THEM..remember..they have heard it all before...WALK THE WALK..they will see. GOD BLESS you on your journey..its the best one you will ever be on...i promise...
escape from berlin

alcohol treatment

Unread postby Berdie48 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 am

Alcoholism, alcohol dependency, and alcohol addiction all are in the same category. Alcohol is both physically and mentally addicting and has devastating effects on the person as well as their family, health, job, and emotional well being. An alcohol detox program is the first step for treating the physical addiction of alcoholism. This is the best step to take before quitting drinking in order to minimize alcohol withdrawal symptoms. A family doctor should be consulted when starting an alcohol treatment program to help guide you. After completing this program, the next step should be an alcohol rehab program.
Berdie48

Unread postby jmcail » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:14 am

It is so hard when you get addicted to drugs you can't stop looking for it everytime and there's a lot of people who do crime just to have drugs for them.

http://www.sobriety.org
jmcail

Unread postby abclimo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 pm

It's so hard when you have an addiction, any addiction. So many people do things to support their addiction that they never would have done. It's not like we woke up one morning and said, "gee, I think I'll become a drug addict today". It's a progressive disease, that if not controls, continues to advance. Thankfully together we can get through this and stay clean/sober for another day!
abclimo

Return to Drug Addiction