day 1 again for me.

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

day 1 again for me.

Unread postby baddrunk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 am

starting over again.today is day one off the sauce.wish me luck.i just cant stand the repitition anymore.drunk fightothers drunk fightself.the battle needs to end.thats all for now....
baddrunk

Re: day 1 again for me.

Unread postby abclimo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi and welcome! It's a tough war everyday, to stay clean/sober. It's planning ahead and making sure you have a plan in place for when the temptations jump up in front of you. It's a great feeling when you make the decision that you are tired of that merry go round ride and want to get off. Sometimes it's really hard to stop, but it's so worth it. When you don't have to wonder what you did the night before, or what you may have said, it frees you. I recently hear the statement "lies keep us sick" and I so believe it. We get to be so good at lying, that we can even make ourselves believe our own lies. A big part of staying clean/sober is to uncover what makes us do what we do. For so many, it's self-medicating, so we don't have to deal with the pressures of others, ourselves, feelings, etc. Unfortunately with the disease of addiction, and it is a disease, we so many times can have a transfer addiction, you give up one addiction only to have another. We all have today and we can get through today and stay/clean or sober, to tell ourselves that we'll never do it again is just so overwhelming. In the beginning, I had trouble looking at staying clean/sober for the whole day, so I broke it down into smaller increments. You can do this and you have a lot of us behind you supporting you. Keep posting, we do care!
abclimo

Unread postby baddrunk » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:09 pm

thanks abc
baddrunk

Unread postby anne » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey, you did one day. I'm trying for 12 consecutive hours. Then I'll try for 1 day, then 2, then a week, etc., etc. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and a vodka & mango smoothie at my hand. Hopefully tomorrow I'll log on with a glass of water and a lovly cup of tea. But it's baby steps.
anne

Unread postby abclimo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:53 am

Anne: Hi and welcome! You can do this! You made it 12 hours and you can make a few more next time. Just keep adding hours and days to it and before you know it, you will be on a 12 day stretch of being clean/sober instead of 12 hours. I hope you come back and post again today so we can help you through this. It's only together that we can do this, definitely not by ourselves. We need others to teach us coping on how to help get us through the rough times. We need others to call on when we feel the need for "something" right now. Eventually, we get to a place in our recovery where we can help others in the same journey we were starting out on, not that long ago. You need to focus on what you can do to distract yourself sometimes. For me, I cooked and baked to distract myself and that definitely helped, it's something that I love to do and it takes a decent amount of focus and time, depending on what you are doing. I have had others tell me that they go for walks, others go shopping, help others, or read, watch tv, etc. You need to keep telling yourself that you can do this and focus on you being worth it. You know that you are damaging your body by doing what you do. Just keep at it and you'll be able to do this!
abclimo

Unread postby kristen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

oh day 1 for me i hope i can do it this time should i know go to meeting never been to one but i just dont go
kristen

Unread postby kristen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:26 pm

ty for the encouragement
kristen

Unread postby green eyes » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Hope that you have more than 1 day now. I keep sabatoging myself as well and know the feeling well. The relapses are getting closer together not further apart
It is down right scary
green eyes

Unread postby kristen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:19 pm

yes i have 5 days and i feel great
kristen

Unread postby kristen » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 pm

another sober night and day and a friday night at best!!! i feel great trying to keep motivated afraid that once this "honeymoon" feeling goes away will i have the strength to do the real hard work???
kristen

Unread postby horange5 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:27 am

1day is better than no days!!!!! keep on going!! i am on day 2, it is very frustrating and people are disappointed in me, as well as i am too! But, I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that i messed up for the millionth time in my life! I'm focused on today and not picking up any drinks, even though the first couple of days after you mess up, i know for me are easy because the thought of your mess up is very fresh....
horange5

Unread postby horange5 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:42 pm

i am guessing not a lot of people post things! i havent seen many recent posts! anyway, i guess i will be posting to myself.... it is now day 4 .....
horange5

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion