drinking

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

drinking

Unread postby stuck101 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 am

I like to drink wine. I drink every night. I often drunkingly text. I hate this. I don't want to drink anymore,and to everyone I never come off as the typical girl who drinks. It's a huge secret, and that is what make it obvious that I am a drunk. I am a very fun, energetic person naturally, I drink because I like the way it makes me feel, but am clearly very strange when I drink. I just feel so weird because I feel like most females don't have drinking problems. Please help.
stuck101

Re: drinking

Unread postby kristen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:34 pm

wow you could be me! except i have woken up every morning of my life sick? low energy headache stomach pains. hummm i don't think im much encouragement except this is day 3 of being sober its harder than hell. not only that since no one really knows how much wine i really drink they also don't know how big the urges are. my fear is that i have not told anyone close to me that i have stopped meaning that i am not accountable?? or just to myself and 3 days is not very much but as someone else said dont get over whelmed ill sober right now and hope to be for the rest of the day
good luck and you wouldnt believe how many women aare in your shoes
kristen

Unread postby kristen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:35 pm

wow you could be me! except i have woken up every morning of my life sick? low energy headache stomach pains. hummm i don't think im much encouragement except this is day 3 of being sober its harder than hell. not only that since no one really knows how much wine i really drink they also don't know how big the urges are. my fear is that i have not told anyone close to me that i have stopped meaning that i am not accountable?? or just to myself and 3 days is not very much but as someone else said dont get over whelmed ill sober right now and hope to be for the rest of the day
good luck and you wouldnt believe how many women aare in your shoes
kristen

Unread postby abclimo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Stuck and Kristen: Thanks for sharing. Your stories show that no matter how alone we think we are or how strange we may think we are, there are so many others out there who are walking the same journey we are and struggling the same struggle. Keep positive, you can do this!
abclimo

Unread postby green eyes » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:59 pm

I HATE IT TOO i AM HAVING A HARD TIME MYSELF hope you are doing better this is my first time on this site
green eyes

Unread postby abclimo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Greeneyes: Hi and welcome! I am glad you found us and hope you will keep coming back. We're here to help each other to live clean/sober lives. You can do it!
abclimo

Unread postby JenniferRamos8 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:45 pm

The first time I started drinking heavy was when I signed over custody of my daughter thinking it was a joint custody agreement. I didn't have a lawyer at the time and trusted my ex because we were trying to get along for the sake of our child. After taking her back home with me, I was visited by police whom took my daughter away explaining to me that I had signed an agreement that I didn't want custody of my daughter. Devastate the drinking began.....Three months of this went by and I neglected my eldest daughter because of the loss. One night I was drinking with a friend and left my daughter(eldest) with my boyfriend at the time, father. Later that night I was arrested for a DUI. When I asked if my daughter was okay, I was informed that I left my daughter 8 home alone. Knowing that I did not do this, I waited until I was released from holding to ask questions. My eldest daughters father told police I had kidnapped my daughter which was not true because for her there is no agreement. My boyfriends father was visited by at least 6 police officers that asked him where my daughter was and he answered that he did not know she was in the downstairs apartment. Children and youth got involved and what started as losing one daughter quickly turned into the possibility of losing both. My daughter was paroled to me by a judge as long as I attended AA meetings and Drug & Alcohol outpatient treatment. Which I did. Moral of this story which still is going on with custody battles, is that drinking can escalate and sometimes we cannot say no or have the strength to live sober. Hopefully with this story other people can learn from my mistakes.
JenniferRamos8

Unread postby abclimo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:14 am

Jennifer: Hi and Thanks for sharing! They say that what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger! Prayers and hugs for you!
abclimo

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion