help I never used this before

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

help I never used this before

Unread postby green eyes » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:19 pm

I am not sure if i am doing this right. i do not know anything about this site. I was hoping that you can find people in your area maybe? Are you allowed to say where you are? Am having trouble finding was to get to meetings and the phone is heavy since I have been missing so many. Is there like local sites for certian areas. Am not able to drive at this time and live not in walking distance and have relapsed so many times i feel like giving up. I got laid off the same week the man I had been seeing passed away. And of course relasped. Do people say where they are from? I hate me for alll the relapses my dad never got it and kept going to meetings I have court coming up and no sponsor anymore. Is there a chat room or is this it? not sure what I expected- I feel so alone and like such a looser :!:
green eyes

Re: help I never used this before

Unread postby abclimo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Greeneyes: I'm glad you found us. There are lots of people who say where they are from and ask specific questions like if they know of any good meetings in the area, etc. Please don't give up. I know when it feels like you can't take anymore, the pile of crap you have to deal with just keeps getting bigger. I know how difficult it is to stay clean/sober and to resist temptation everyday. It does get better and easier. I have friends who I have met at meetings that are clean/sober for over 20 years and they keep going to meetings to remind themselves of why they never want to relapse and also to help others who are new into the program and who may need guidance to get through rough times. This is a very open forum and there are regulars who login everyday and post everyday. It's a great help for people who are not able to get to meetings for whatever reason, and it's a good way to meet strong people who are clean/sober and who can give you guidance if you need it. There is a big difference between being clean/sober and being in recovery. You shouldn't feel like a loser and please don't feel alone, we are here to help you. You need to tell yourself you are worth it and you need to make yourself believe it. Some people I know even tape it to their bathroom mirror so they see it multiple times everyday. They start out with a simple message like "You are worth it" and they keep progressing through different messages like "You can do it", " and so on. I know that we so often have self loathe and that's something we have to work through too. Please keep posting here, we do care what happens to you and we want to help you. Hugs!
abclimo

Re: help I never used this before

Unread postby green eyes » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 pm

thank you for the words of encouragement. I saw fAQ finally and clicked it on.
Does the admin or the moderator person able to get you assigned to groups or to links to "friends" in your area on here. I have been in AA for several years. The most I managed time wise was 7 months. My son died very early on in my sobriety and that kind of really fucked me up. I am in Bucks county. I don't want this for me and wouldn't wish this disease on anyone. what do the moving icons mean in the main page
green eyes

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion