47 days and going

Posting as a Guest - you do not need to register to post a message in any of the forums, but the message does need to be approved by a moderator before it is displayed.
Registered Users - your posts do not need to be approved.

Moderators: November_rain, John

Forum rules
Please consider replying to an existing message. It only takes a minute and you may help someone else in need. A simple word of encouragement goes a long way.

47 days and going

Unread postby Sober thompson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 pm

I have made it 47 days and I'm going strong! My husband I used to drink a lot. He was recently arrested for family violence battery for breaking my wrist. As he sat in jail for 3 days I had to deal with the questions from our 3 and 4 year olds. I sat there and had to come up with the story they would understand and it was truly hard. It was then I noticed how much it was killing them and they deserved so much more. When my husband was released he was put on an a no alcohol clause. He began rehab and we both started going to a.a. We go to one meeting a week together and one by our selfs. I was elected the new G.S.R for our group this last week. I'm truly happy to be sober and clean. I am still struggling with seeing people drink and being in places they serve alcohol. It's almost as if I make eye contact with every place and every person. I have found a sponsor and she is great. I'm looking to find something to give me back some energy. I really have had any since December. Today is a good day to be sober and right now all I keep in mind is all I have to change is everything. :D
Sober thompson

Re: 47 days and going

Unread postby kristen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:22 pm

oh 47 days must feel great i am only 5 days and i feel wonderful i can THINK like really use my brain with out straining it through a hangover or the booze
kristen

Unread postby Sober thompson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:42 pm

5 days is amazing! That's what made me like it the most too. Waking up everyday with out the o crap what did I do feeling. Lol I think that's the best!!!!! :wink:
Sober thompson

Unread postby BklynChik » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:46 pm

Congrats on your 47 (but now more) days! That is awesome. It's amazing to get sober with someone you love too. :)

One thing I learned in AA is the phrase "people, places and things". I was taught that in early sobriety especially it's important to avoid those people, those places or those things that make you want to pick up. I had a surprise party for my husband when I was only a few months sober. My sponsor suggested that I didn't even touch the beer/wine to check if it was full or not. (As the hostess, that's one of our jobs, right?) So I had asked a friend to do so for me... Avoiding things like that in early sobriety has helped me to remain sober.

Are you doing 90 in 90 as well?

You are doing a great job... keep at it, one day at a time. :)
BklynChik

Unread postby Sober thompson » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 pm

No we are not doing 90 in 90 ha I wish I live in such a small are that we only have 2 meetings a week but haven't missed one yet plus I was voted for the gsr position and I love it. Today is my 60 days and it's truly amazing to be sober today! :D
Sober thompson

Unread postby abclimo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:17 am

Congrats on your 60 days! That's awesome. When I first started out, I thought, geez, how can I ever make it to 60, 90, etc.? It seemed so overwhelming to think about it that way. I'm so excited that you have found a new way of life. Hugs!
abclimo

Return to Alcoholism - General Discussion